F the AMLI

But it's okay to use the "F word" if you'd like...

F the AMLI

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Today, as I was nursing a swollen foot and trying not to move, I got a knock on the door. I hobble over and open it, and who should it be? Ah, yes, the carpet cleaning service that the complex contracts for the complimentary cleanings you get when you renew your lease.

Nice job, assholes.

So I renewed three weeks ago. First off, it took them two weeks to process my paperwork, and when they finally had my papers ready to sign, I also received a note saying I had two days to do it or else I would face month-to-month rates (i.e., about a $200 rent spike) - nice f'ing customer service. Anyway, I drop off the paperwork late Sunday afternoon, along with the form requesting the complimentary cleaning.

Around 8:15 the next morning I got an email noting the ticket had been closed. WTF? That's not even possible. Sure enough I got home to the same dirty ass carpet. I thought about calling the office, but those people are worthless, so I said F It. A few days later I got an email asking me to do a survey about my recent maintenance request. F that, I said. A week later, I got a reminder email about the survey. F that, I said. Late last week I got a "final" reminder.

Since I was already in a bad mood, I went ahead and used the opportunity to voice my displeasure with this terrible complex. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I made it very clear that the service DID NOT HAPPEN, and I think I labeled the entire operation as impersonal, unprofessional, non-responsive, incompetent and disinterested in their residents. And even thought I specifically noted that I no longer wanted the cleaning, I guess they took notice.

The guy today seemed put off that I wasn't prepared to have my carpets cleaned, but he rescheduled for Tuesday of next week, which I guess was cool of him. Still, I would think that if they decided to send the people out (again?) they would acknowledge such a strong dissatisfaction with their business.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: F the AMLI

Postby tamut98 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 am

I have come to the conclusion that apartments, apartment living and the people that run them - pretty much suck. It doesn't matter how crappy or luxurious the complex is.
I live in an Abbey complex in The Woodlands and have come to the conclusion that UT married student apartments were better than this. I lived in them for 4 years. I have to the end of June before I move out of here (10 mos) and it can't get here fast enough. I am done with apartment living.

BTW, we are moving back to Austin (Kyle?) in June. So from now on I will be much closer during football season and will not have to go near as far to not ever show up and meet any of you! :)
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:17 am

Maybe living at Great Hills Village spoiled me, because I pretty much got to know all of the people there, and they were always great about taking care of stuff (even when they f'ed up and almost evicted me and Robbi).
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am

I'm sick of apartment life as well.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby dahorns on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

I agree. Apt living can blow.

btw, I have a very nice duplex for rent that's walking distance to Taco Shack and Torchy's :D
I also hear that the neighbors are pretty cool 8)
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Markaholic on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about you pissed at your brother or mother or something.... :-s
Markaholic
All American
All American

Return to f...