f Joe Buck

But it's okay to use the "F word" if you'd like...

f Joe Buck

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:34 am

There are very few people that I dislike as much as Joe Buck, so this video really warms my heart. This will be the one and only time I watch one second of his stupid new show on HBO.....unless of course Artie Lange is ever on again, which I seriously doubt will ever happen.



:lol:

Good times.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
User avatar
Bucharest
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Waterloo, TX

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby MBK271 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:19 am

Wow. What an asshole.

That one has been removed but this one is still up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA0MVWQRKsw
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
User avatar
MBK271
All American
All American
 
Posts: 7441
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:30 am

Joe Buck's the asshole here.....he deserved whatever he got, and then some.....what a total blowhard.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
User avatar
Bucharest
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Waterloo, TX

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Music City Mafia on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

When it came to comedian Artie Lange's appearance on HBO's Joe Buck Live Monday night, Michael Irvin had the best post-game analysis.

"It's just refreshing to see white-on-white crime," the retired pro-Bowl receiever said from the audience where he was stationed with a mike, probably thrilled that he was at a safe distance from the conversation on stage.


:lol:
Kiss my Converse!
Image
User avatar
Music City Mafia
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:45 am
Location: Nashville, Tenn.

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 am

I'll bet a LOT more people now know that Joe Buck has a new show on HBO.

Why else would anybody invite Artie Lange to be on their show?
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
User avatar
U2-Horn
All American
All American
 
Posts: 6992
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:57 pm
Location: Awesometown

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Artie Lang was a complete ass.

If you watch the stuff that only was shown on the extended show on line Buck rips him pretty good, and the dude from SNL really rips him.

He obviously had and agenda to go on there and just sabatoge the show.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:17 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Bucharest wrote:Joe Buck's the asshole here.....he deserved whatever he got, and then some.....what a total blowhard.


How was Buck an asshole? For trying to host his show? Even if you don't like him there is no way you can say he deserved that.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion
 
Posts: 11138
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:17 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Bucharest wrote:There are very few people that I dislike as much as Joe Buck

What's your beef with Joe Buck?
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
User avatar
U2-Horn
All American
All American
 
Posts: 6992
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:57 pm
Location: Awesometown

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Wow.....two people asking why I can't the stand guy implies that everyone who's ever been exposed to his sorry ass doesn't loathe the moron....and that's troublesome in itself.

Somebody else on another site summed it up best today...

No personality hack (who plays ridiculous favorites when he announces) who is living off his father's legacy.


...and The Phat Phree summed it up much more extensively a couple years back.

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.as ... ectionID=2

The guy absolutely sucks as an announcer in that he plays favorites, he's judgmental, he has at least three fingers, if not his nose, up Aikman's butt throughout every broadcast, he thinks we give a shit about what he has to say about things outside of sports, and worse....I think the douchebag thinks he's funny.

However, just to make sure I wasn't somehow alone on this, I did a quick Google search.......I'm relieved.

http://zembla.cementhorizon.com/archives/001871.html

You should read the comments below....they're great.

I have this nasty cold sore on my lower lip. It is going on two weeks now. Every night it dries out and cracks so I have this nasty scab for the first half of the day,then it falls off and alternates between bleeding and oozing puss BUT....I still like it better than listening to Joe Buck


:lol:

As for the "judgmental" jab, here's one of many examples.



Now if you don't have a stick up your ass.....you find that funny, not "A DISGUSTING ACT". However, even if you don't have a stick up your ass and you know what you're talking about, you still wouldn't find that "A DISGUSTING ACT" because you would know that...

After Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss simulated mooning the Green Bay crowd in the end zone, Buck called it a "disgusting act." The moon was allegedly an attempt to respond to Packer fans, who traditionally moon the Vikings players aboard the team bus, a fact of which Buck declined to tell.[4] McCombs asked FOX to prevent Buck from broadcasting other Viking playoff games, a request FOX denied. If it werent for his father getting him the cushy announcing position, Joe would likely be serving someone "Moons over Miami" right about now.


....but yeah, it's probably more important to be a melodramatic prick because you clearly have a problem with Randy Moss. Shit, I can't stand Randy Moss, but that was funny....and I didn't even know about that story.

When it comes down to it, his smarmy ass just annoys the shit out of me.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
User avatar
Bucharest
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Waterloo, TX

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby MBK271 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Man, do you not see the fact that the 8 pages of shit that you've spent the time to showcase is worth about as much as Rupp's defensive skills tonight? Not offensive skills since he just hit his second of the night.

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of the guy either but considering the other teams that are on TV, I understand why he and Aikman are the number one crew. He's no Summerall but he does a solid job.

Regardless of what you think of Joe Buck, that son of a bitch on the show was unacceptable. Zero taste, a little humor, and zero value added.

As Chay said, the guy is just trying to run his show and everyone (guests & crwod) was wondering when Lange would shut the fuck up and loving it when Joe or the other guys would get a jab in. Jamie, I think you are in the minority here. More than that, you're wrong.

You might not like Joe but he wasn't the asshole this time.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
User avatar
MBK271
All American
All American
 
Posts: 7441
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh I totally agree, so let me clarify.

I don't think Buck was being an asshole in this particular situation, I just think he's an asshole period.....of course Artie Lange is an asshole, that's his "schtick", so that's to be expected, but I just thought it was hilarious because he was being an asshole to Joe Buck.....but yeah, Buck clearly didn't do anything wrong throughout that clip outside of breathing.

As for this:

MBK271 wrote:Man, do you not see the fact that the 8 pages of shit that you've spent the time to showcase is worth about as much as Rupp's defensive skills tonight? Not offensive skills since he just hit his second of the night..


Somebody asked why I don't like Joe Buck.....those are reasons why, and therefore do mean much more than Rupp's defensive skills tonight.....sorry.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
User avatar
Bucharest
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Waterloo, TX

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby MBK271 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 am

Awh yes. Good point there.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
User avatar
MBK271
All American
All American
 
Posts: 7441
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby BarryBnds on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 am

I gotta agree with Buch. Joe Buck seems like one of those guys that thinks he's alot more important to the world than he actually is. He would have been better served to have fun with Lange and take advantage of it being on HBO.

He knew he was getting a loose cannon with Lange and then to bitch about it seems infantile.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
User avatar
BarryBnds
All-American Reject
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am
Location: Badstreet USA

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby U2-Horn on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 am

BarryBnds wrote:I gotta agree with Buch. Joe Buck seems like one of those guys that thinks he's alot more important to the world than he actually is. He would have been better served to have fun with Lange and take advantage of it being on HBO.

He knew he was getting a loose cannon with Lange and then to bitch about it seems infantile.


Did you watch the online "after the show" footage?
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
User avatar
U2-Horn
All American
All American
 
Posts: 6992
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:57 pm
Location: Awesometown

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 am

I can't stand Joe Buck.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
User avatar
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi
 
Posts: 13366
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: 18th and San Jacinto

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:I can't stand Joe Buck.


Do to his St. Louis ties?
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
User avatar
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Princeton, TX

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby BarryBnds on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

U2-Horn wrote:
BarryBnds wrote:I gotta agree with Buch. Joe Buck seems like one of those guys that thinks he's alot more important to the world than he actually is. He would have been better served to have fun with Lange and take advantage of it being on HBO.

He knew he was getting a loose cannon with Lange and then to bitch about it seems infantile.


Did you watch the online "after the show" footage?


No. What was said?
User avatar
BarryBnds
All-American Reject
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am
Location: Badstreet USA

Re: f Joe Buck

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:11 pm

'Hornbybirth wrote:
Drew Corleone wrote:I can't stand Joe Buck.


Do to his St. Louis ties?

Nah. I thought his dad was one of the best ever. Joe is a smarmy little bastard that benefited from riding daddy's coattails. Plus I hate the fact that a self-professed baseball hater announces the World Series.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
User avatar
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi
 
Posts: 13366
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: 18th and San Jacinto


Return to f...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron