F this weather

But it's okay to use the "F word" if you'd like...

F this weather

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I don't care if it's 70 in December. I don't care if it's 25 in December. I do care when it's BOTH over a span of 7 hours. This shit is playing hell with my allergies.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:46 am

My boss just called and said our meeting is cancelled. And that if we had stuff to work on at home to just do that.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 am

Shawna is staying home due to the extent of her commute and the icy roads.
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 am

They actually closed schools up here...dumb.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am

Yeah my little brothers school went in 2 hours late.

I left the house a minute ago and was kind of suprised. The main road out of our neighborhood is pretty icey actually. There was a jeep and a dodge truck that had run off the side of the road.
txlonghorn47

Postby ck_hook_em on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 am

No issues in Forth Worth for me, but my commute is about 3 miles as well... Some of the folks come in from Granbury and used the weather as an excuse to show up about 30 minutes ago.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby MBK271 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:39 am

Stuck in the airport in Pittsburgh trying to fly into Dallas.

The plane finally left Dallas an hour ago after sitting on the runway for two hours in line for the de-icing equipment.

Here, they have it down to a science. I'm guessing some of the operators had probably never used the equipment.

So, I'll be arriving in Dallas in time to miss my connection to Houston. Then, I'll get on a later flight that will be delayed at least an hour as we wait to get de-iced.

YAY!

Ironically, it's colder in Dallas than here today. It's like 32 here, 28 in Dallas.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Re: F this weather

Postby Mr. Peabody on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

It's cut right to the bone F'ing cold here right now.

I hate that.

Weird thing!

I went running around a nearby 1.5 mile track last night. It was about 38 degrees with a good 10-15 mph wind. It was cold. The track was empty of the usual assholes and dog hating Vietnamese people. However, the track had a few gorgeous females jogging in running gear that you would wear in hot weather. I was amazed. It did make it easier to run even though I was clad with layers of clothing and a hoodie. Cold running does have some positives.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:50 am

Serious runners find it insulting to get bundled up when going for a run. That isn't a knock on you so much as it is an explanation for the girls.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby U2-Horn on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:05 am

WTF?!

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:42 am

Buddy, let me tell you about cold.

Yesterday's HIGH was 6. I went to the gym around noon and it was 2.

On top of this, the wind was blowing 15-20. So, plenty much if you went out at all yesterday it felt well below 0 at any part of the day.

F this weather.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah but you made the decision to live in Pittsburg. You HAVE to deal with it. We live in Texas. We didn't sign up for this shit!
txlonghorn47

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Well, some of us did, and love it! :-" .....
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 pm

UTwiz wrote:Serious runners find it insulting to get bundled up when going for a run. That isn't a knock on you so much as it is an explanation for the girls.

Define Serious.

I'm serious about running. I run 4.5 miles 5-6 days a week. I don't run to participate in marathons. I could care less if someone is faster or slower than me. I run for fitness and to burn calories.

The chicks that were running didn't strike me as serious runners. They might have been though. One girl was just casually walking and playing with her ipod like she didnt have a care in the world. The dude that was running was no doubt a serious and fast runner. You could tell he was all business.

It still amazed me though. It was f'ing cold. These people were bare skinned in short sleeve outfits and shorts. I was freezing my ass off all bundled up. LOL

of course, you have to add in the fact that i'm a cold weather pussy though.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Serious might not be the best choice of word. The same way that a true basketball player would never wear low top shoes or wear wind pants, so does a true runner not wear clothing in bulk. It doesn't mean the basketball player isn't good, it is just different than most of the other people who share the affection and intensity for the game.

If you go to a race, you will notice the lack of clothing more so as you go up the race-running foodchain. At a 5k, the lack of bulk in terms of clothing will be noticeable. At a 10k, even more so. At marathons, it is almost 100% the case.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:16 pm

I think it has more to do with the individual runners in a particular race than it does with the distance of the race. When I did the half marathon, I saw tons of people that weren't starting in the elite corral in both the marathon and the half that were so bundled up they could have run 50 miles in Siberia in the middle of January and been fine. Same deal at the 5K I ran last weekend. I personally hate wearing tons of stuff when I run, so I just add 25 degrees to whatever the temperature outside happens to be when I go running and dress accordingly.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:51 pm

UTwiz wrote:The same way that a true basketball player would never wear low top shoes

Isn't Kobe rocking low tops now?
txlonghorn47

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:03 pm

UTwiz wrote:Serious might not be the best choice of word. The same way that a true basketball player would never wear low top shoes or wear wind pants, so does a true runner not wear clothing in bulk. It doesn't mean the basketball player isn't good, it is just different than most of the other people who share the affection and intensity for the game.

If you go to a race, you will notice the lack of clothing more so as you go up the race-running foodchain. At a 5k, the lack of bulk in terms of clothing will be noticeable. At a 10k, even more so. At marathons, it is almost 100% the case.

I understand race or marathon apparel. This was just around a 1.5 mile track at the YMCA. It was casual conditions in freezing temperatures with nice wind chills. LOL. If I were to run in a 5K, I would for sure go with the appropriate spandex running gear which I don't own by the way. I don't know how their hand didn't freeze off. I was wearing my titleist golf mittens and my hands were still cold.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:22 pm

txlonghorn47 wrote:
UTwiz wrote:The same way that a true basketball player would never wear low top shoes

Isn't Kobe rocking low tops now?

Yes. But that wasn't quite what I was referring to.

Let me put it like this - there is a store called Run On! in Richardson that I go to a couple times a year. It is a store with ONLY running stuff - shoes, socks, clothes, ipod holders, running belts, whatever you could possibly imagine. They have every single line of legitimate running shoe, the most recent styles. They have 5-6 brands of running clothing for men and women, shorts, shirts, etc - for all seasons. They have things for runners that you don't even know exist. They have running clubs. They organize groups to run in local races. The store is owned by, employed of, and services specifically - running freaks.

This store does not sell bulky clothes, because most running-specific manufacturers do not make a lot of it. Sure, if you're talking below-zero temps, it's a different story. But even when it is well below freezing, at full trot, the body should not need very much covering. The length and thickness of the shirt is optional, and this is where you will probably see the biggest difference in preference (some prefer long sleeve, others short). Pants are basically not even an option [mark].

I am not really a freak like these other people, I just like to have the best equipment. I'm not meaning to infer that you must belong to this group in order to be considered a serious runner - any more than I am saying you have to wear long pants, tucked in polo shirt (buttoned to the top), and use Titlest golf balls in order to be a serious golfer. All I'm saying is that usually it means that you have more street cred than others.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:29 pm

UTwiz wrote: All I'm saying is that usually it means that you have more street cred than others.

I don't really care about street cred. I'm happy for those that do though. More power to them. I have no problem with it. Even if it 100 degrees outside, I don't dress in the normal serious runners outfit. I just run in a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Let me put it like this - there is a store called Run On! in Richardson that I go to a couple times a year.

They employ some hot ass there, but much of their stuff is overpriced. I'm probably going to sign up for their marathon group this year because I imagine that doing all of the long runs leading up to the marathon alone would get pretty boring after awhile.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 am

Yes they do. And yes it is.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Mr. Peabody on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 pm

It was 8 degrees this morning when I left the house about 7:30am.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:04 pm

This shit is getting old.

I know we needed the rain, but for 4 freaking straight days.

And I could maybe even deal with 4 days of rain as long as it's not 38 fucking degrees.

Can I have the 80 degrees back now?
txlonghorn47

Postby AtlLonghorn on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:49 am

not a big fan of 30 degree weather in April.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Next

Return to f...