Special Holiday Offer

Official board of the LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Competition

Special Holiday Offer

Postby oneputtlarry on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Holiday Special for LMFanzone Members: Golfers, learn to read your line of putt...40% discount on my putting book, The Putting Edge...How To One-Putt Every Green! Regular price $5.00 discounted to $3.00 plus postage as per my order page...postage to most cities in the U.S. is $1.50. Books only take about 2-3 days delivery by U.S. Postal Service to the U.S. & Canada...a less than $10 "Stocking Stuffer!" Calculate your postage, may be a less than $5.00 gift!
If you don't have a method for reading putts, try The Putting Edge. It's about how to read your line of putt using the "Plumb Bob Method.”
Some well known putting guru's report that the PB method does not work due to their scientific studies & experiments. I'm okay with their assessment; however, we just agree to disagree as the method has worked successfully for me since first using it in the mid 60's! A number of Tour Pro's use the PB successfully...most recent being Tour Pro and plumb bobber Zach Johnson winning the 2015 Open Championship at St. Andrews! Many report that his win was one of the greatest clutch putting performances in Open history! Zach also plumb bobbed his way to victory in the 2007 Masters and most recently was selected to play on our winning 2015 President's Cup Team along with another plumb bobber, Tour Pro Patrick Reed.
Some years back, Golf Magazine published an extensive article, “Become An Expert Green Reader” about the "plumb bob method" and was written by a professional engineer, Andy Walters. His article & research supported the fact that the plumb bob method does work! In fact, Jack Nicklaus was the first golf professional to be seen using the ‘Plumb Bob Method’ while playing as an amateur back in 1952 and then became one of the best golfers & putters on Tour.
I truly believe many of the Tour players that don't use the PB method using their putter shaft are actually reading their Line-of-Putt by Plumb Bobbing ‘Visually’ so to speak. If you don't have a method for reading your line, give the Plumb Bob a try...you may be surprised.
Regards, Larry
www.theputtingedge.com
P.S. Along with your book, you'll receive an 8 page Addendum.
"Larry, recently received your book. I need 3 more copies. My other 3 playing partners were so impressed with my improved putting and they want a copy!" --- Bill, New Jersey, January 2014
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Re: Special Holiday Offer

Postby LMQueen on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:16 am

Interesting, congratulations on your book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Doesn't this only work on greens with one break?
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby oneputtlarry on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:06 pm

LMQueen wrote:Interesting, congratulations on your book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Hoping to help others here with their putting.
Not sure I've mentioned this here, but interestingly enough since enlarging my putter grip my putting improved considerably. I was reluctant to have a larger grip installed, so having some tennis grip wrap laying around I began wrapping my putter grip making it larger...keeping a tapered grip. The larger grip seems to relax the arms more with less tension when stroking the putt. I suggest to any golfer using a standard grip to give the larger grip a try by purchasing some tennis racquet grip tape at the local sportings goods store… Then building your existing putter grip up and giving it a test. I do prefer the enlarged "tapered" grip to the enlarged grip that is the same enlarged diameter.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby oneputtlarry on Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:27 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:Doesn't this only work on greens with one break?

Most greens have only one break. A double break is very unusual.
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 pm

That wasn't the question.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby oneputtlarry on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:34 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:That wasn't the question.

Sorry, not sure I understand your question? I believe the Plumb Bob method for reading one's 'line of putt' works on any green.

oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby oneputtlarry on Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Had to share this neat story with you...I was helping a guy with his putting the other day...he wanted a copy of my putting book and I was showing him the plumb bob method. He just emailed me.

Hi Larry,

Happy Holidays!

I took my daughter (12 years old) over to the Emerald Lakes putting green a couple days ago and I taught her your technique. She did awesome. A guy who was watching her putt a 20+ footer from the distance yelled "Nice Job and gave us the thumbs up" when she putted one right next to the hole.

I brought both my kids over to the Emerald Lakes putting green today and had my daughter give my son, who is 6'3" and 14 years old, putting instructions using your technique. I taught him to used the plumb bob and had him lineup each putt. He understand how to plumb bob very quickly. After about 5 minutes practicing your putting technique, using the plumb bob to line up all putts, he hit four one putts in a row! I almost fell over when he hit putt after putt. Each of those four putts was over 15 feet long!

I can't wait for you to see them in action. I am blown away with their putting abilities using your form.

Thanks so much!

Steve
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Return to The Non-Sports Sports Forum