What's up with AM 1300 The Zone?

Official board of the LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Competition

What's up with AM 1300 The Zone?

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm not a huge sports talk radio guy but I do keep tabs on who's saying what here in Austin. Have always listened to AM 1300 mainly because they broadcast the Horns. They had the same guys on for at least a couple years but all of the sudden in the last several months almost all the guys have been fired/left (Chad Hastings, Kevin Dunn, Gregg Henson).

To top it off, E-Hogan announced today that he is leaving so that means no more Bucky & Erin in the mornings. Those guys were together for about 8-9 years and their show was pretty good. I wonder who they'll get to replace him...

Sounds like the station is struggling big time. Anyone know what's up?
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:02 pm

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 pm

I heard Greg and AJ were fired....and when I turned it over there today Craig Way's nerd producer was talking about Atlantic 10 basketball.

No thanks.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby AtlLonghorn on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:28 pm

they have openings posted for the morning show and the afternoon show. I'm sending my demo and praying.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:48 pm

AJ must have been fired a week or so after Gregg because I heard him earlier this week.

I think what this all means is that if we combine all of our resumes, we could so get that job and everyone could get to be PD of a sports talk radio station at least one day a month.
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 am

I guess I hadn't checked this board late yesterday because I didn't find out that Erin was officially gone already until this morning--it was announced earlier this week that he would be leaving, and then they said next Friday, then the 31st, but I guess the "management" decided to speed up the process. It really is a shame because they had a good rapport and their off-sports' coverage, while maybe not Ticket-esque, was pretty entertaining.

AJ was still on the afternoon show yesterday, so I'm not sure if he is officially gone (although, of course, like everyone else he just keeps saying, "I know I'm here today"). I can say (rather emphatically) that I'm glad Gregg is gone--I can appreciate what he is always trying to do, but I just thought he was terrible (and actually brought the station down with him the past few months). By the way Arch, I've kept a bit of a running report on past happenings in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=10575&highlight=

I sure as heck hope somebody decent replaces Erin and Gregg.....Smooth
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 am

Yup. E. Hogan was terminated yesterday according to Bucky. Sounds like he is headed over to AM 1530. Would be nice if Bucky can join up with him over there.

I guess for now I'll just be listening to NPR and AM 1260. :)
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:57 am

Just put my demo and resume in the mail. Keep your fingers crossed.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Return to The Non-Sports Sports Forum