Does anyone else

Help me help you...

Does anyone else

Postby MBK271 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:34 am

find Barry's rhetoric extremely boring and painful? I continue to scroll past pages and pages of it only to find that when I stop 10 posts later, it is still going on.

For me, Simon's posts are the biggest beating. His negative outlook on life makes me roll my eyes and realize why I don't associate myself with such pessimistic people. But god dammit, Barry’s shit storm continues for pages. At least I can skip over Simon’s posts. Am I the only person here that finds it futile to discuss anything associated with The University of Texas with a Sooner fan? I realize that he is ignorant to the subject. Just as I am sure, compared to him, I am ignorant on OU matters. So, why do you people not see how extremely unproductive it is to argue with someone who just doesn’t know what the fuck they are talking about?

I appreciate Barry’s posts in other forums but have stopped reading his thoughts on the Longhorn Sports boards. It is complete shit. The quicker you learn this and the quicker that Barry learns his f’ing role, the quicker the sports boards may regain some credibility.

Now I understand why Evan was hesitant to create a sports board.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
User avatar
MBK271
All American
All American
 
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Postby Bucharest on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:45 am

For what it's worth, I completely agree.......but it's just been lately. I have no idea what's causing it, but it seems like he throws every fucking thread under the bus as quickly as he can.....I just stop reading theads that include his attempts to rile us up, otherwise they might actually do so.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
User avatar
Bucharest
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8900
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Waterloo, TX

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:19 am

I agree, and as I just learned, it's run off at least one poster who's been here for a long time and made as much of a contribution, posting and tailgating, as anyone in our group.

You gotta settle down, Barry. This isn't an OU Board. Constant pro-OU, anti-Texas rhetoric, even under the guise of realism, is simply out of place and out of line.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
User avatar
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi
 
Posts: 13365
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: 18th and San Jacinto

Postby dahorns on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:18 pm

I agree with y'all. It's really getting old.
User avatar
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Waterloo, Tejas

Postby Full Flask on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:43 pm

I think it probably has something to do with the Orange Bowl. Even Peabody’s been kinda pissy as of late. I guess they took a lot of shit from Longhorn fans after the asskicking.

Makes me wonder what’s going to happen if Texas wins in Dallas this year . . .

Personally, I can't see how they would let anything Longhorn fans say upset them. We are still in the midst of a 5-game losing streak.

Peace.
Image
User avatar
Full Flask
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: Austin

Postby eochs on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:49 pm

I am very pissed about losing the poster that Drew referred to... I am still trying to figure out how to deal with this...
Image
"Tony Romo is going to take us to Miami." - UTWiz
User avatar
eochs
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Phoenix

Postby HornFanSweetie on Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm

I have to say I agree with BB starting crap lately. I don't know the details of the poster leaving but if they are that integral to your group and this site is mainly for your group, then the choice is easy, if BB doesn't learn respect then ban him and have the other poster come back. There are plenty of sooner boards out there that he can comment on Texas on. Just my 2 cents worth.
"30 is the new 20"
User avatar
HornFanSweetie
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:21 am
Location: Austin

Postby howieman on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:46 am

yeah , know your role bitch...or whatever....

who did we lose?
I dont see Paul on here much anymore....
Paul are you still here?
Paul?
Poker is equal parts skill and luck.

When I win, it’s a game of skill. When my opponent wins, it’s a game of luck.
User avatar
howieman
All American
All American
 
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:08 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby BarryBnds on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:44 pm

Why would someone leave because of me? For one thing if anyone has a personal problem with me just tell me either through private message or on this board. Someone did that the other day and I told him I respect his wishes and will tone my sarcasm down. The last thing I want to do is run someone off! I take more personal shots than everyone else combined on this board and I don't ever take it personal.

Secondly, some accuse me of throwing a thread under the bus. If someone is going to post something ignorant on this board should I just sit here and say you are right? For example, Trahan brought up a point about Bennett playing basketball in the recruiting thread and I pointed out how terrible the Big XII is historically in basketball. For some reason I am the one that brings the post off topic.

For those of you that think it is just as of late you are correct. But I think it would have to do with the posters on this board after the Rose Bowl. Am I supposed to sit here when someone rips OU? I honestly want to know the answer from you guys that I offend. I was told along time ago this isn't a Texas only board. This is for "Fans of the Longhorn Mafia". I love everyone on this board. I used to get teed up on Longhornfanzone but I don't anymore. I had the best time with you guys at the OSU game 2 years ago and in Austin this year. The one thing that Peabody always tells me is that no one on this board takes anything seriously.

If anyone has a problem with me, please send me a Private Message and tell me what your beef is. I promise if you hear my side of something I've said you would see that 99% of the time I just use hyperbole to make a point.

Again, I would never want to run anyone off!!! I'm a smartass. That doesn't work well with a post or a blog because you can't see my smartass grin and see that I'm not serious or I don't really mean something as much as it sounds.

The reason I love this board is because its full of people alot like me except for the fact that I view the world from North of the Red River and you guys are south of it.

Whoever that person is that is leaving because of me call me or private message me if you want. Tell me you want me to die. Tell me you want me to have AIDS. Whatever. Just don't leave and blame it on me without giving me a chance to explain or make it right.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
User avatar
BarryBnds
All-American Reject
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am
Location: Badstreet USA

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:00 pm

Tell me you want me to have AIDS


After standing that close to Aguilera, you just might.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
User avatar
12ozLongneck
All American
All American
 
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Smoke with cigarette

Postby BarryBnds on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:02 pm

Well it burns when I pee. Is that a bad thing???
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
User avatar
BarryBnds
All-American Reject
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am
Location: Badstreet USA

Postby coryomfs on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:09 pm

Well Barry you do have good porn....... =D>
"the PHoLM"
coryomfs
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Postby dahorns on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:23 am

12ozLongneck wrote:
Tell me you want me to have AIDS


After standing that close to Aguilera, you just might.


Image


man, 3 days in a row that I've read something on this board that made me "spray coffee on to my monitor" (i.e, laugh a loud for you perverts)

:lol:
User avatar
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Waterloo, Tejas

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:34 am

I just don't want every texas football thread turned into an anti-Texas football thread. It's not a Texas football site, but we do have a Texas football board, and flawed though our team may be, sometimes we want to talk about VY being the best in the world or whatever, without someone pissing on it.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
User avatar
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi
 
Posts: 13365
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: 18th and San Jacinto

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:42 am

I honestly don't find his comments that bad--but then again, if I see comments from someone that I disagree with I generally just stop reading and move on--people are allowed to have different opinions than mine. However, I do find it annoying when someone repeatedly reiterates their opinion in the face of opposition/disagreement (which is why I'm glad I don't have to read tsd all the time).

I think that is the key--I'm all for everyone putting in their $.02 (no matter which side their on), but if someone continues to disagree with you, let it go and fight another battle another day.....Smooth
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
User avatar
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:31 pm
Location: ATX

Postby MBK271 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:33 am

SmoothLonghorn wrote:I honestly don't find his comments that bad--but then again, if I see comments from someone that I disagree with I generally just stop reading and move on--people are allowed to have different opinions than mine. ..

I think that is the key--I'm all for everyone putting in their $.02 (no matter which side their on), but if someone continues to disagree with you, let it go and fight another battle another day.....Smooth


Exactly
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
User avatar
MBK271
All American
All American
 
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Postby BarryBnds on Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:21 pm

SmoothLonghorn wrote:I honestly don't find his comments that bad--but then again, if I see comments from someone that I disagree with I generally just stop reading and move on--people are allowed to have different opinions than mine. However, I do find it annoying when someone repeatedly reiterates their opinion in the face of opposition/disagreement (which is why I'm glad I don't have to read tsd all the time).

I think that is the key--I'm all for everyone putting in their $.02 (no matter which side their on), but if someone continues to disagree with you, let it go and fight another battle another day.....Smooth


Any man with his own bodyguard has little to worry about in this world.
User avatar
BarryBnds
All-American Reject
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am
Location: Badstreet USA


Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron