Anything? Pics welcomed.
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Re: So, um.... Ole Miss stories please?

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Ha... where to start?

Off the top of my head the things that seem to stand out were:

A little confusion trying to coordinate a meet-up with the tailgate crew 9Chay, Brheay, Bob, marie and Pat Ennis). We rode with Gould and his b-i-l, an they were staying in Oxford. We literally went through two security checkpoints with campus cops checking to make sure we didn't have coolers, chairs or tents in our car (the Grove doesn't open until later Friday night).

Our attempt to start the night at our first bar with The Eyes fell kind of flat. We sang too slowly and off-key, and only one other guy in the place joined us. As soon as we finshed the locals retaliated with the first of 7124 "Hotty Toddy" chants.

The country cover band at The Library on Friday was a big hit with Char and Brheay. I was probably a bigger fan of the fake mustaches they passed out (they are The Mustache Band). I think I kept losing everyone, too. We weren't fans of $20 cover or $4 beers, but it was a fun atmosphere.

Friday night featured the first of two trips to the Waffle House next to our hotel. Damn it was good.

In retrospect, I didn't need to start drinking at 9:30 Saturday morning.

We rolled into town around 10:30 Saturday morning and found a place just off The Square that had surprisingly good food. They had never heard of a michelada, and after my explanation I got a half-glass of bloody mary mix with a Bud Light. Eh, not terrible.

People in that town will damn near let you do anything if you say Hotty Toddy. We scored free beer, took pictures with cheerleaders and even nabbed food and jello shots. I offered money for all but the pics. They just wanted to hear me say Hotty Toddy. Allegedly the only thing I wasn't able to barter for was boobs.

Um, I fell down a few times. I'll let Matt handle those stories.

Matt and I sat next to Texas Superfan Scott Wilson. That was really cool. Dude has been to 425 straight games. By comparison I have been to maybe 140 or 150 games total. He asked if we were going to Okie State and when I told him I wasn't sure he offered to let me ride up there with him.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:21 pm

I had a blast Friday night at The Library. So many hot ass girls. I was dancing with one for a pretty good part of the night, but stumbled pretty bad one time and I think she realized how hammered I was and I never saw her again. HAHA! What can I say I got shit housed.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

So, um.... Ole Miss stories please?

Postby HornMafia on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:28 pm

That happened to me last night at home.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm

These two videos are pretty good:

“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 am

Muy solid!
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 am

I saw Popeye Jones at an Alabama alumni bar in NYC while pregaming for our game.

Watching a Texas game in a bar full of Texas fans was awesome and made me really miss Austin.

/Cool story bro
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Return to Garbage Gab