Penn State

Like trash talk, but with pictures...

Re: Penn State

Postby Makaveli on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:So I don't really agree with some of the "death penalty" sentiment I see/hear going around on this. To me that assigns a football-solution to a problem that goes far beyond football.

So True, but you can't have a NCAA football program without a University. To me, the "football" consequence will end up being collateral damage in the aftermath of the "far beyond football" resolution.

To summarize, those fuckers are Done. Obviously in reputation, almost certainly in relevance from a sports standpoint, and possibly from existence.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Penn State

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Yeah, I'm already kind of wavering on my initial stance.

One way or another that place is pretty much done. The stigma won't go away in our lifetime.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Huge. Quickly.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 am

I think the NCAA has to do something. If what happened at Penn State isn't "lack of institutional control" then nothing is. Civil lawsuits will take care of the "far beyond football" end of things.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 am

I'm in the "this problem deals with much more than football" camp. IMHO, they should look at not giving federal funds to the school for a couple of years by way of Pell grants and what not. I think pinning this millstone around the football team is short sighted. Plus the football team is going to suffer for years anyways with the loss of JoePa. Make the rest of the school suffer as well.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Previous

Return to Garbage Gab