Penn State

Like trash talk, but with pictures...

Penn State

Postby Makaveli on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Students rioting in support of child rape.

Please remind me to never be surprised by anything again.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Re: Penn State

Postby Makaveli on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Regarding Paterno, if there is such thing as Hell that mofo is gonna burn, burn, burn
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Penn State

Postby LMQueen on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Unbelievable. Tear gas them.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 pm

ESPN just reported that some students have flipped over a news van. Fuck them.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Also, when in the hell are institutions going to realize that sweeping shit like this under the rug creates WAY more problems than whatever it is they swept under the rug. If they had hung Sandusky out to dry like they should have when the allegations surfaced and said "This is what happens to you when you pull stuff like this at Penn State", we've all long since forgotten about it by now. Now Penn State is scarred forever. Same deal with the Catholic Church.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:59 am

While listening to coverage pretty much all day yesterday, a thought struck me. Presuming that McQueary wasn't lying (which should be pretty strong considering that it was given to a Grand Jury), when this story came out on Saturday, somewhere out there there, HOPEFULLY (because we all know what these type of horrific events can cause people to do to themselves, or Heaven forbid, something was done to him) there is an approximately 19 year-old young man that: 1. Not only had to be reminded of this monster and what was done to him as a young boy; 2. Found out that someone walked in and SAW what was happening and DID NOTHING at that moment; 3. Took that information to at least 3 other authority figures (4 if you count McQueary's dad) that essentially control the facility/institution where this event took place and NONE of them took steps to track down the boy or confront McQueary to the point of finding out the boy's identity and asking him what happened. And as an icing on the cake, as the week progressed, one of the those involved and many defending him felt he DESERVED to go out on his own terms because of all the "good things he's done" over 46 years. And keep in mind, we're not talking about McQueary seeing Sandusky with a young man/teenager/etc. (not that it would make it much better), but a 60 year-old MAN (and Sandusky is a big guy) with what he estimated was a 10 YEAR-OLD!

With all that in mind, Paterno and McQueary should have rushed to a microphone Monday morning and: 1. Begged for forgiveness from that young man and others that could have possibly harmed as a result of their (in)action(s); 2. Begged for forgiveness from Penn State faculty/students/alumni etc. for anything that they did that would bring shame to the university; 3. Resigned immediately and again, beg for forgiveness for any damage that they caused all those affected during their tenure at Penn State University. And considering that much of this investigation has been known about for a while, this should have happened many months ago, if not longer.

Sine that DIDN'T happen, I've decided that they are all spineless cowards (at a minimum) and in reality, much worse--the whole lot of them (starting with that 4-eyed despot). F 'em all, and in this case, hopefully literally for some.....
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Penn State

Postby HornMafia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 am

This is about to get worse.

Mark Madden (who wrote the April article) went on the radio this morning and said that the Second Mile foundation "pimped" out young boys to rich donors.

Hence, the cover up, and I'm beginning to believe that the first district attorney was indeed murdered over this.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Blondie on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 am

It just keeps getting sicker and sicker. The fact that McQueary isn't getting as much scrutiny in all of this is stunning. This is a deep scandal and I am so happy it has finally been broken open. The public will not allow this to be swept under the rug and covered up any more.

There is just so much wrong with this, I cannot even begin to convey my disgust. I get choked up thinking about it. What if it had been MY baby? I'd have killed the sonsofbitches. All of them. Somehow. And the lethal injection afterwards would be worth it.
Blondie
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Penn State

Postby HornMafia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

By the way here is the story on the DA: http://nyti.ms/vk2GjM
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Penn State

Postby LMQueen on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 pm

That is a very strange story.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby Makaveli on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

McQueary must know something...and have nothing to lose. If the coverup extended thru last night...Penn State might not have a University at all much longer.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 pm

An article I read brought up the point that McQueary might be protected by whistleblower laws.

Also, I wonder how hard it is to grow up with the name "McQueary".
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Rumor going around today that McQueary might have been a victim...
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm

They just broke in on the VA Tech/GA Tech game and said McQueary won't be on the sidelines due to numerous threats against him.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:They just broke in on the VA Tech/GA Tech game and said McQueary won't be on the sidelines due to numerous threats against him.

They all deserve everything that comes their way and much worse.

Personally, no news story has disturbed me more in the last 10 years and 2 months than this one. The worst part, is how many people in the pathetic state of Pennsylvania openly condone, endorse, support, and promote the rape of children. That is all I can take from their words and actions. If that is indicative of our entire culture, then we're probably not even worth saving as a species.

If you're not as enraged as I am...well you're probably not following SPORTSbyBROOKS on Twitter for one thing...but also good for you because I really wish I hadn't started paying attention to all of this in the first place.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Penn State

Postby HornMafia on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:05 am

All of you have hidden accounts on Twitter.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Penn State

Postby Drew Corleone on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 am

Fuck all of them. I wish I had husker stuff to wear tomorrow
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Penn State

Postby LMQueen on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:19 am

The interim head coach just said in Gameday that he thought Joe Pa should be on the sidelines with them today. SERIOUSLY?!? WTF?

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:22 am

How the hell could they pull that off? Wasn't that the whole idea behind firing him? So he wouldn't be there.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 am

LMQueen wrote:The interim head coach just said in Gameday that he thought Joe Pa should be on the sidelines with them today. SERIOUSLY?!? WTF?

WTF? Are they trying to tempt Notre Dame to join the Big Ten by showing they have just as cavalier of an attitude towards child rape as the Catholic Church does?
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:45 pm

12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 am

Yikes. Unbelievable.

I'm not sure there's much in there we all didn't know, or thought we knew, but Freeh didn't pull any punches in that report....they're screwed.

Can you put a University out of business with Civil Suits alone?

I think we're about to find out.

On a much less important note, how long before that statue comes down?
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 am

Huge. Quickly.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 pm

So I don't really agree with some of the "death penalty" sentiment I see/hear going around on this. To me that assigns a football-solution to a problem that goes far beyond football.

I understand that the football culture created the demagogue that allowed this to happen, but that demagogue is dead, and the death penalty creates a lot of collateral damage for the 85 kids/men that had nothing to do with the crimes (contrast that with SMU, where many of the players were among the guiltiest of offenders).

That's not to say the program should escape punishment altogether. Clearly there exists a "lack of institutional control," and appropriate sanctions should apply (loss of scholarships, postseason ban, etc). But beyond that, everyone associated in covering up or looking the other way should face the harshest punitive actions allowable. The school itself should probably also forfeit some of its state funding.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind the first time I see a vigil at Paterno's house, or some knucklehead on tv in any way defending the actions of those involved.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:Of course I reserve the right to change my mind the first time I see a vigil at Paterno's house, or some knucklehead on tv in any way defending the actions of those involved.

Does a message board count?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=9140462
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Next

Return to Garbage Gab