Quote of the Day

Like trash talk, but with pictures...

Quote of the Day

Postby HornMafia on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Ken Griffey Jr. wrote:"The best way I can describe it is it felt like somebody bungee jumped off my right nut."
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:53 pm

:lol:
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby mouthpiece on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Jim Rome was playing a quote today of a player on the Mets who was explaining a "slump buster": You find the fattest, ugliest, gnarliest, girl you can, and lay the wood to her. You will start playing much better. This is also called "falling on a grenade", or taking one for the team.
Once you've danced naked at a hash bonfire with the spirits of the dead, all parties seem pretty much the same. --Creed
mouthpiece
Starter
Starter

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 pm

I believe Mark Grace was the first to espouse the virtues of the Slump Buster.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Yeah, that was Grace.....who is a surprisingly funny bastard.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Anybody remember that game where the DBacks ran out of pitchers so Grace went out there and pitched just doing the old school slide step?

The guy is greatness.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:04 am

September 19, 2007
"Nobody in the country can run with us!"
-Javorskie Lane

September 20, 2007
2 carries= 2 yards
-Javorskie Lane
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:49 am

To be fair that was a mean stiffarm he put on the Gatorade bottle.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:48 am

Somewhere, in a bunker amidst a pile of books on samurai warrior code, old African ceremonial masks, and a slew of Wendy’s drive-thru bags, Mike Leach is sitting with steepled fingers crafting his request to the AD for one more digit to be added to the Red Raider home score display. -- Every Day Should Be Saturday on the Texas A&M loss to Miami.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:59 am

Good stuff.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby HornMafia on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:05 am

Rushing Yards This Year: ND -14 Me 0 -- sign at ESPN's GameDay
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:50 am

:lol:
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby HornMafia on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:41 am

During a conference call before South Carolina's game last weekend with LSU, Spurrier said he voted the Tigers #1 in his USA TODAY Coaches' Ballot stating, "I can honestly say I voted them No. 1, how about that? I'm not pulling a Jim Tressel, either. I did vote them No. 1. Ya'll can check it out."
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:23 pm

I don't know how old this one is, but it's greatness.

When a campus fire at Auburn once destroyed some football players' books Steve Spurrier said, "The real tragedy is that half of them hadn't been colored in yet."
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby HornMafia on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:23 pm

That team (Texas) is a bunch of birth canals. -- Mike Rhyner, after the loss to KSU
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:18 am

"While starting for the New York Giants in Week 16 versus the Dallas Cowboys in 2005 (actually 2003), I found out just how distracting cheerleaders can be. In that game we started several drives inside our own 20-yard line, with each drive following a TV timeout. With my back to the end zone in the huddle, I became frustrated because I couldn't make eye contact with any of my 10 teammates as I was trying to call our plays; they were all staring right at the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders who were performing in the end zone.

I remember our offensive linemen shaking their heads in utter amazement, but the classic line came from our tight end, Visanthe Shiancoe, who interrupted me in the middle of a play call and said, "Jesse you really need to turn around and see this... -- Jesse Palmer"
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby mouthpiece on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:06 pm

The Spurrier quote from txlonghorn47 reminds me of the line by Shelby Metcalf (A&M basketball coach). After a player showed Metcalf his grades, which were 4 F's and 1 C, Metcalf said, "Son, it looks to me like you are spending too much time on one subject."
Once you've danced naked at a hash bonfire with the spirits of the dead, all parties seem pretty much the same. --Creed
mouthpiece
Starter
Starter

Postby AtlLonghorn on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 am

"I'm just glad it wasn't Tim Tebow, that's all I can say. I think I would be covered in 10 feet of concrete right now if it had been Tebow."

- The owner of the towing company involved in Florida Safety Tony Joiner's arrest for Burglary. He received over 200 threatening phone calls as a result of the incident.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:22 pm

At 12:01 I had a lot of respect for Trent Green, but at about 12:20 I said, 'Fuck Trent Green."

- Texans DT Travis Johnson after being cut blocked at the knees by Trent Green on the Ted Ginn Reverse that resulted in Green's severe concussion.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:53 pm

“Congratulations to Ernie, Turner finally got him some good in-studio talent with the ‘Big Hurt’ (Frank Thomas) and Cal Ripken. He’s used to Mutt and Jeff with Charles (Barkley) and Kenny (Smith) (during the NBA). Now we finally get a chance to hear from Ernie.”

TNT NBA analyst and Angels fan Reggie Miller on host Ernie Johnson upgrading his cohorts in the studio
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:53 pm

AtlLonghorn wrote:At 12:01 I had a lot of respect for Trent Green, but at about 12:20 I said, 'Fuck Trent Green."

- Texans DT Travis Johnson after being cut blocked at the knees by Trent Green on the Ted Ginn Reverse that resulted in Green's severe concussion.

I can assure you this has absolutely nothing to do with me being a Texans fan, but this uproar about Johnson's actions after the play and game is a bunch of bullshit.

Let's put aside the fact that Trent Green is a nice guy, on top of not being a very experienced blocker......but I have no problem with Johnson's actions. Let's not forget, the worst looking part of THE ACTUAL HIT was a lineman getting blindsided with a DIRECT HIT to the knee that made him do almost a complete flip in the air and had him land on his neck. Now I'm really sorry that Green got a concussion out of this, but let's put it this way, he might play in the next two weeks ,but there's a chance that Johnson may not as he's having an MRI on the knee that Green cut from the blindside. Again, I don't blame Green as he's not an experienced blocker and there probably wasn't intent, but I also don't blame Johnson for being pissed in the heat of battle, or after the game when it was becoming more clear that his knee might be fucked up, never mind the pain in his neck that he landed on.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Um, trading Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith for Cal Ripken and Frank Thomas was absolutely the worst trade in history. The Sammy Sosa trade was better than that.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Maybe so, but seeing Charles and Kenny referred to as Mutt and Jeff was worth a laugh.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:34 am

I'll make it three times if I have to. -- Nick Folk to Jason Witten after Dick Jauron called the timeout to "ice" him in the Cowboys' 25-24 win.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 am

Great fucking game last night....not to mention the fantasy football heart attack I had last night. I was playing Barber, T.O. and the Cowboys D and was cruising until the two sacks and INT on consecutive drives. I was up by ONE point going into the Cowboys final drive after the onside kick recovery.....that overturning of T.O.'s catch(which was the correct call) pulled two points off the board, so I ended up still winning by one....I was a wreck, I can't imagine if I was a Cowboys fan as well!!!!!!
Bucharest
All American
All American

Next

Return to Garbage Gab