The Daily Dose of Dumb-assery

Like trash talk, but with pictures...

Postby LMQueen on Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:01 am

Thank goodness I only have 5 more hours of all this crap.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby Hornball on Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:34 pm

Yes, you can ban me. I didn't figure I'd last this long over here. And my fat ass concept of time knows that I can still get you to address my posts as I proved today on LFZ. I have enjoyed my time on LMFZ so much. Enjoy my $5 donation I made earlier in the week, and buy a fucking personality (not you LMQUEEN, I was talking to Drew)
Hornball
Walk-On
Walk-On

Postby edavis3 on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:57 am

That Cap n Crunch is a bastard over at LFZ.... :evil:
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby Simon Honeybone on Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:47 pm

Well he used to be a regular poster over here though I'm not sure he still posts at the same rate.
I fart in the B_S & Big XII's general direction
Simon Honeybone
All Conference
All Conference

Postby OKC Longhorn on Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:33 pm

He's been in hiding. I don't know why.
OKC Longhorn
All American
All American

Postby Simon Honeybone on Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:51 pm

He's acting like his idol Wheeler.
I fart in the B_S & Big XII's general direction
Simon Honeybone
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Mr. Peabody on Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:58 am

edavis3 wrote:That Cap n Crunch is a bastard over at LFZ.... :evil:

:badgrin:
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby edavis3 on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:02 pm

Wow...that's a blast from the past
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:10 pm

I forgot what I was doing to piss you off so bad. :-k
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby edavis3 on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:12 pm

you were Cap n Crunch? I didn't know! LOL :lol: =D>
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:01 pm

Wow. This thread is really old.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Yes it is
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Re: The Daily Dose of Dumb-assery

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm reviving this thread for dumb shit we read on other boards.

Mainly I just want to say that Derka Derka on ShaggyBevo is the biggest asswhip of an internet poster since the heyday of horns78.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Yup. He certainly has the "LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!" thing going on.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:50 am

I used to feel that way, but the guy does post coherent thoughts every now and then, but he posts way too much. At least he has the drug addiction/mental illness thing going on and is open and honest. I think percentage wise good/bad posts his number is low, but there are people over there who add NOTHING to the discussion and just post "fuck the offseason" or "Who cares?" to inflate their post counts. TJ Hooshamzoo has 14,000 posts over there and has never posted anything worth reading.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 am

Agree with Drew.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby ck_hook_em on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 am

HornMafia wrote:Agree with Drew.

Same here, he's a whip. Did you see the picture of him with VY? It sounded like VY was nice to him, but with the way he looks/was dressed I'm pretty sure that VY wanted to get as far away from Derka as he could get - quickly.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 pm

AtlLonghorn wrote:TJ Hooshamzoo has 14,000 posts over there and has never posted anything worth reading.

I won't argue that either. But he doesn't seem to post on every thread.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:05 pm

People referring to teams as "____________ aggy" is gay. I saw a thread titled "New aggy's top RB injured" and read it as "Aggy's new top RB injured" and was disappointed when I opened the thread to find that they were talking about a Tech RB and not Christine Michael.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 pm

The irony of Ketch running over to shaggybevo.com and crying about people posting unsubstantiated crap about his is ever so delicious.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Sure is. Having said that, while he might be a douche, give me him and his credibility over every single poster on shaggybevo. Ketch gets a pretty raw deal most of the time. He is not without faults, but he isn't as bad as many people (without subscriptions to OBs) will tell you.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 am

So, non-BBS-related, but dumb-assery nonetheless...

About 10 minutes after I got to work this morning, one of our partners sent out an allstaff message noting that a blue Mazda Tribute had a door open out in the parking lot. Sure enough, it was mine. Fortunately my iPod, sunglasses, chargers, fleece and everything else was still there.

In five years of parking, getting out of the front door, and opening the back door to get my laptop bag, I had never previously forgotten to then shut the front door. Dumbass.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 am

Drew Corleone wrote:So, non-BBS-related, but dumb-assery nonetheless...

About 10 minutes after I got to work this morning, one of our partners sent out an allstaff message noting that a blue Mazda Tribute had a door open out in the parking lot. Sure enough, it was mine. Fortunately my iPod, sunglasses, chargers, fleece and everything else was still there.

In five years of parking, getting out of the front door, and opening the back door to get my laptop bag, I had never previously forgotten to then shut the front door. Dumbass.

I keep my bag in my front seat. Should I rethink this seating arrangement?
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:21 pm

I dunno... it's always seemed more natural to stash it in the backseat instead of reaching across the front seat.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm

My latest response to an email not meant for me...

Dear Parent,

Today it was brought to my attention that we have had some students who have been using racial stereotypes, ethnic slurs, and inappropriate jokes as part of their dialogue with their fellow classmates. As I started my investigation this morning, I discovered that the primary location of these types of conversations and actions was in the cafeteria and at the table where your son frequently sits with his friends. Though not everyone seated at the table was involved in the exchanges, I decided to make this time as a learning experience for all were present when these conversations were taking place to review what has been said during these discussions and what the FCPS Students’ Responsibilities and Rights (SR&R) booklet says about such talk.

All of the boys were very attentive and those who have been involved in the exchanges were open and honest about what had been said over the past several months. The comments have included determining who the biggest loser at the table was, telling “Yo Mamma” jokes,” and talking about other races using derogatory terms regarding abilities, physical features. Jokes/comments ranged from what we would consider anti-Semitic jokes, use of the N-word, racist comments about Asian people’s eyes, and making fun of a Muslim student because he doesn’t eat pork (this included at least one student buying a hot dog and holding it up in the Muslim student’s face).

As this was being shared with me privately, most of the students thought that these comments/actions were okay because everyone knew that it was all joking. I have a problem with any student seeing these interactions as “all in good fun.” It became apparent through my private conversations and then with the whole group that not everyone thought that this was good fun.

I reviewed the SR&R booklet with the students and highlighted for them the area on page 8 of the booklet. I am including this for your review below:

2. Disruptive or Inappropriate Behavior

The following violations shall result in disciplinary action, up to and including a ten-day suspension with recommendation for reassignment or expulsion. A restorative discipline conference and/or referral to the FCPS five-day Restorative Behavior Intervention (RBI) Seminar may be used in lieu of suspension, at the discretion of the principal.

d. Bullying, mistreating, cursing, gesturing, or verbally abusing any person, including but not limited to, abuse or harassment based on that person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, personal or physical attributes, or matters pertaining to sexuality, including sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.

After reviewing these parts of the SR&R, I had the students discuss any of the ways they had been addressed by their classmates in my office that violated the SR&R expectations. I again reiterated that the kind of ‘joking’ that had been taking place at the lunch tables was not acceptable and that, if I received verification that it was continuing, I would take a firm disciplinary stand and suspend the offender(s) for their actions. I also told them that I was emailing each of their parents so this could be a point of conversation to have as a family to reinforce what is not acceptable when interacting with classmates or other students.

We are preparing your students for their move into middle school/high school. As a former middle school administrator, I will tell you that there will be no tolerance for these types of violations of SR&R guidelines. Though I don’t want to be seen as ‘soft’ on my approach to the findings of today, I will assure you that I do expect them to make good decisions for the remainder of the year or face the consequences that I have told them that I would follow. The students who were just sitting at the table while the inappropriate exchanges were taking place I encouraged to comment when they believe that others have or are crossing the line of appropriateness. To the students who were victims of inappropriate comments, I encouraged them to, in the future, stand up and let the aggressor(s) know that the comments hurt or offend and aren’t appreciated. If the aggressors are truly friends, then they will back down, apologize, and not repeat the actions/words. If they continue to be abusive with their actions/words, then they are not friends and should be reported to the administrators who will follow the SR&R guidelines.

I am sorry for the lengthy email, but felt that it was necessary to address each parent to let you have further family discussion of the issue at home. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at this email address or at the phone number listed below.

Thank you for your support,

Name Redacted
Principal
Sangster Elementary

Annnnnnnnddd, my response...

Mr. Principal-

You don't have to apologize to me for your stern adherence to proper discipline, as I have no doubt you are helping to ensure that today's generation of students treat their classmates with the respect befitting a venerable institution such as Fairfax County Public Schools.

Though I have no children of my own, and I live in Texas, not Virginia, I would just like to say to those students that when they use "racial stereotypes, ethnic slurs, and inappropriate jokes as part of their dialogue" they are being crude, obnoxious and ignorant, and there's no place for that in the classroom.

Further, there is no place in the 2000's for "yo mamma" jokes. I have three elementary-aged nieces (straight-A students, holla!) and I am pretty sure they would shake their heads at such puerile humor.

If you really want to scare them straight, tell them that backwoods rhetoric such as this best suits the kind of student whose academic ceiling extends only as far as Texas A&M University, and then show them pictures of those overall-clad hillbillies screaming unintelligible gibberish as they contort themselves into inane body and hand gestures at Gomer Pyle Field on Saturdays in the Fall. Shudder.

Keep fighting the good fight, Mr. Principal.

Sincerely,
Not the Andrew Fox you are looking for

p.s. I do not think you are being soft. Soft is Mack Brown against Bob Stoops. You're just a guy cutting some stupid kids slack for being stupid kids, which we all were at some point, and which many of us have continued being well into adulthood, as demonstrated in this lengthy reply to a total stranger merely doing his job as an educator.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

PreviousNext

Return to Garbage Gab