Halfway point thoughts.....

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Re: Halfway point thoughts.....

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 am

UTwiz wrote:Cuney hidden at center is at least a net net equal to Shack (based on KSU), and McMillan at RG is an upgarde from Cuney there. If Williams comes back, I'd move Okafor to RG and get an even bigger upgrade at LT and RG.

Agreed con Cuney. He held up pretty well at C against KSU, but has been absolutely awful at G.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby HornMafia on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 am

What is the word on Connor Williams?
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:18 am

One report last week had him back for the TCU game. But you know how reports go.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Re: Halfway point thoughts er 3/4 way thoughts

Postby tamut98 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:46 am

TWTWB - I am guessing HornMafia, you are off the Herman bandwagon? Or just want to see Beck gone?

I started typing this out the other day. If we win the Maryland game and we are sitting at 5-4 how much does the narrative change? Offense would still be a point of concern but would the rancor, deserved or not, be as harsh?

I get the OL is a shambles but the play calling has not helped it out. You are not going to beat a fast, seasoned defense trying by running outside when your line can sustain blocks for about the blink of an eye. Also, if you have a height advantage with LJH and Johnson, you ride those dudes all freaking game long. LJH alone should be getting 10 touches a game. Young and Carter are the truth too.

Squish the birds.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

Not off the bandwagon at all.

Although I wouldn't give him a good grade for this season, I think he's still the guy.

Not a fan of Beck, UT is just terrible at hiring OCs. But he could just be following Herman's direction, too.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

To play Ehlinger or not..

Postby tamut98 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 am

Thinking about the season and where we are and how we got here. It is apparent that Ehlinger is the straw that stirs the drink. USC, OU, OSU...are competitive because he is in the game. (and can be argued as the reason we lost a couple of them... true freshman do make mistakes though.)

if he is cleared to play, do you ride him like you did before he was hurt or do you save him, specifically his brain, for a possible bowl game or next year?
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm

If Ehlinger is healthy enough to play you play him. Can't coach football scared like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby tamut98 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Let's go bowling.
Holy Crap. Ehlinger is the straw that stirs the drink and is the turd in the punch bowl too.
F the Big 12 refs. Random folks from Texas School for the Blind would be exponentially better.
Definitely benefited from the loss of Grier but thems the breaks.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Previous

Return to Football Talk