Seriously.....

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Seriously.....

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:11 pm

What the fuck are we going to do about this Aggie problem?
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Re: Seriously.....

Postby HornMafia on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:43 pm

The Citrus Bowl recruiting is a gold mine.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:07 am

Well, we don't have an Aggie problem for a whole week. Congrats, Nostradamus.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:34 am

They still have exactly one win of substance since moving to the SEC and that win was 4 years ago.
txlonghorn47

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 am

They definitely look like a program in decline over that time frame. And we've certainly looked like a program on the upswing during same window.

Wait.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 am

Dallas Morning News called them a narrative of unwarranted hype. National media is starting to call them out too. USA today called their program fools gold yesterday.
txlonghorn47

Postby UTwiz on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:48 am

Well, they definitely aren't a national championship contender, that's for sure. And they obviously aren't capable of going toe to toe with a team/program like Alabama (though if they had above average QB play, Saturday might go differently). So if that is the only measurable, then we have no worries.

But they will probably still finished the season ranked, maybe even top 15. Which means it will be critical for us to win every game from here on out and win the bowl game. If we have negative or neutral momentum moving into the offseason, the recruiting gap will continue to widen.

Aggie might not be a made guy yet, and maybe they never will be, but they are still in the enviable spot. Maybe we should stop referring to it as the Aggie problem and start calling it the Texas problem.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby McKinneyHorn on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Watching A&M suck again this week vs. Ole Miss is always good for a chuckle; the meltdown over at texags is in full force I would imagine. Overrated once again.
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby Bucharest on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:56 pm

:lol:

I can't wait to hear about the "Aggie Problem" again next year.....and the next year....and the year after that.

They're just Arkansas when they left for the SEC, only a little further North and East and with a few more teeth. Maybe.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Weird night for players who play QB for A&M who's first name begins with "Kyle".
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby UTwiz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Bucharest wrote::lol:

I can't wait to hear about the "Aggie Problem" again next year.....and the next year....and the year after that.

They're just Arkansas when they left for the SEC, only a little further North and East and with a few more teeth. Maybe.

Can't wait til we don't have a Texas problem.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Maybe we actually have a Memphis problem?!?
txlonghorn47

Postby HornMafia on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:25 pm

A&M needs to worry about their Kyler problem first.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

From Twitter, so probably not true, but still.

According to Aggie boards, Murray apparently told Sumlin he won't play for Spavital again.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:29 am

HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:43 am

Dysfunctional staff, locker room drama, poor on-field performance? Glad we don't have to deal with that.

Wait.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:06 pm

"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:36 pm

UTwiz wrote:Dysfunctional staff, locker room drama, poor on-field performance? Glad we don't have to deal with that.

Wait.

Nobody ever said we were perfect. We were just wondering at what point we should start worrying about the Aggie problem? I mean do the sell like Aggie problem insurance? I want to make sure I'm covered for this impending doom.
txlonghorn47

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:26 pm

txlonghorn47 wrote:
UTwiz wrote:Dysfunctional staff, locker room drama, poor on-field performance? Glad we don't have to deal with that.

Wait.

Nobody ever said we were perfect. We were just wondering at what point we should start worrying about the Aggie problem? I mean do the sell like Aggie problem insurance? I want to make sure I'm covered for this impending doom.

The problem doesn't exist in the results of one game, and probably not even a season. It's conceptual.

They obviously are incapable of crossing the threshold to be a true elite team. But for some time, they have been playing a quality (not elite) brand of football, putting high profile guys in the NFL, and recruiting high impact players. Texas A&M is the first team listed by high school athletes in the state now.

When Texas is an elite program, we are mutually exclusive from A&M or anyone else. But when we aren't elite, particularly for a long stretch, we are vulnerable.

We are fortunate that they have been unable to get over the proverbial hump. Usually, their defense disallows them to be a legitimate contender. This year, the QB situation and lack of impact RB have put them behind the eight ball. Which is kind of ironic, because they have some really talented defenders and skill players.

Trust me, I love that they have face planted the last couple weeks. I hope they hit every branch on the implosion tree on the way down. But if we go out and lose to ISU on Saturday, or if we finish the season with 6 wins, it doesn't matter in the end.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby HornMafia on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Six wins did just fine for recruiting last year.

And from the bits and pieces I read of recruiting talk, it appears things turned for TX after the OU game. If they go out and win more than they lose the rest of the season I think we'll have another Top 10-15 class, which is about the best we could expect coming into this season.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Our recruiting class last year was driven mostly by a lucky break with Jefferson and a handful of out of state recruits, most of which are not on campus.

We need to finish very strong this season, because it is an uphill battle the way things sit today.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Bucharest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Full disclosure....I read none of that, but aren't there 10,000 threads about how much you dislike Strong as our coach, which is fine, and you may be right, but can we get back to you and Robert's "Aggie Problem"??? ;)
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:38 pm

OK.....further full disclosure....I'm at a bar in Denver with nothing better to do, so I read your long post...I agree with almost all of that....in fact, all of it, but back to the original point....will you finally agree that there is no "Aggie Problem"? In other words, our success, or lack thereof, will have nothing to do with A&M, or their move to the SEC. We have the biggest dick in the room, so as you said, any problem will be a Texas problem....I just want to hear from you that there is no "Aggie Problem".
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Full disclosure, I am right.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Bucharest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:13 pm

:lol:

Touchè
Bucharest
All American
All American

Next

Return to Football Talk