The Masters 2014

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Re: The Masters 2014

Postby HornMafia on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 pm

I heard last night he had a pretty clear opening through the tree. It wasn't as difficult as it looked.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Maybe it wasn't as difficult as it looked, but I still stand by my statement that nobody else attempts that shot in that situation.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:24 pm

beam,coke,&horns wrote:It's too bad he is a titty baby on the course. After watching him yell at patrons and volunteers at the Zurich I'll never root for him.

Yet you're a huge Tiger fan.

There are some stories out there of him losing his temper and he was voted cockiest player on tour a couple yeas ago, but at the end of the day I think he's a good dude. I mean look at him go run around the 18 green high fiving people yesterday. Who else does that?
txlonghorn47

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:38 pm

When they interviewed Jordan you could tell he had been crying, I'm thinking he comes to the next major hungry and on a mission. Can't wait to follow him around Valhalla at the PGA in August.
Chay I have a UT visor autographed by Lucas Glover and Bubba you can have next time I see you.
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby BarryBnds on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Such a great weekend it's impossible to put into words. We posted our chairs where the drives ended up on 13, so we were able to see the greens on 12 and drives on 14. The one thing that TV will never be able to capture is the amount of hills and valleys at Augusta. I'm still sore on Monday from all the up and down walking done on Friday.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby HornMafia on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:34 pm

txlonghorn47 wrote:Maybe it wasn't as difficult as it looked, but I still stand by my statement that nobody else attempts that shot in that situation.

One of very few, for sure.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Mr. Peabody on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 pm

I saw my very first pair of google glasses. Some African American guy at the airport was wearing them. I was sitting around waiting to go home and noticed him and his anti-privacy NSA glasses.

Fred couples hit the longest drive that I witnessed in person on 18.

The average transaction at the Masters golf store is $860.

I shipped my stuff home.

The marker, Jeff Knox, that played with Rory on Saturday is a club member. He beat Rory by 1 stroke. He also holds the club record, a 61, from the men's tees.

Pine needles are slippery.

I went from two social class extremes this weekend, Masters on Friday to the NASCAR race in Darlington South Carolina on Saturday. Everyone wore a shirt at the Masters. I can't say the same about the Nascar race.

Walking on the grass at the Masters is like walking on expensive carpet.

I had fun
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Wait, I thought Bch was referring to Spieth being a titty baby. I agreed. But wait he was talking. About Bubba? :-k
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Makaveli on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Speaking of the golf store, one of my buddies grabbed a stack of shirts all different colors without looking at price tags... From the Berckman's Place store. They hit him for 4k. I got out around 500 but I was low man by far. We also had a 2600 and a 1800.

Most impressive retail operation on Earth. Amazon.com is runner up.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 pm

HornMafia wrote:
txlonghorn47 wrote:Maybe it wasn't as difficult as it looked, but I still stand by my statement that nobody else attempts that shot in that situation.

One of very few, for sure.

Mickelson
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Mr. Peabody on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Makaveli wrote:Speaking of the golf store, one of my buddies grabbed a stack of shirts all different colors without looking at price tags... From the Berckman's Place store. They hit him for 4k. I got out around 500 but I was low man by far. We also had a 2600 and a 1800.

Most impressive retail operation on Earth. Amazon.com is runner up.

It was the most impressive retail operation on earth as well as the concession stands. They have it down to a science. Minimal waiting. Don't want anyone frustrated with waiting. One guy said he's seen Japanese drop $12k in the golf store.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Add the bathroom line to that list.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby BarryBnds on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 am

HornMafia wrote:Add the bathroom line to that list.

I can echo what was said. The huge line outside the bathroom had an attendant telling people it's only 83 seconds from the end of the line and I'll be damned if he wasn't right. Also, the concession stands had lines all day and they moved so quickly I was never in one for more than 30 seconds. Rory hit the longest drive I'd ever witnessed on 13 on Friday. Almost ran into the crowd. The merchandise tent should be studied by every marketing class in the world. I got outta there light at around $450 but I have about 10 things I'm kicking myself for not buying. Also the UPS shipping area ran with the precision of a German train schedule.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 am

Makaveli wrote:Wait, I thought Bch was referring to Spieth being a titty baby. I agreed. But wait he was talking. About Bubba? :-k

Yes. He's the only golfer I've witnessed berate fans AND the poor volunteers working a tournament. All day long too.

You really think speith is a baby? The cameras were on him all day and I o ly saw a couple of dustups. I also think he should get some leeway for being 20.
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby LMQueen on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 am

I saw Spieth grimace or drop his club a couple of times, but I thought he was pretty composed overall. I've seen much worse from others.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby LMQueen on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:19 am

We came in about $100 below the average, I guess. That was over four different transactions (2 on Tuesday, chairs on Wednesday and a hat/flag on Wednesday) so it wasn't quite so jarring.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am

Spieth is pretty famous for losing his temper. He posted an apology to twitter earlier this year after losing to Els at the match play. Maybe it's something he gets over with age, but then again Tiger never really has.
txlonghorn47

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 am

I love Bubba's game but he is an absolute fucking dick to his caddie, and that's too much to tolerate from him. No excuse for that.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 pm

HornMafia wrote:Add the bathroom line to that list.

More than just the bathroom line, I was impressed with the guy with a sponge and spray bottle of 409 that cleaned off the toilet lid before you walked into the stall. Now that's service.

Everything about that place centered around service and enjoyment to the patrons. Didn't matter if you needed to take a shit, buy some souvenirs, or grab something to eat. They want you to leave that place bragging about your experience there.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Do friendly negros shake off your wiener when you're done peeing?
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Yes they do. Shake and wipe off the tip.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm

My friend posted pics of his trip on Facebook. He made it home with a divot Mickelson took on 14 on friday
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Mr. Peabody on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

beam,coke,&horns wrote:My friend posted pics of his trip on Facebook. He made it home with a divot Mickelson took on 14 on friday

I don't believe that. He couldn't have just walked out on to the fairway and picked it up during the actual tourney. Plus, the caddy would have replaced it. Snopes
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

The tee attendant on the par 3 gave divots to the couple people that asked for them. I thought about asking for one, but didn't really know what I'd ever do with it.
txlonghorn47

Postby BarryBnds on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:31 am

One of the asian players hit a ball and the divot landed in my chair. I just kinda froze and in seconds his caddy came over and got it and replaced the divot. I had immediate thoughts of taking the divot and planting it in my backyard. The thought of a Masters backyard was a fleeting dream.

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

PreviousNext

Return to LFZ Memorial Sports Talk