Jason Heyward

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Re: Jason Heyward

Postby AtlLonghorn on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, he's a completely ordinary player. He almost became the 13th 20 year old to have an OBP of .400. 11 are in the hall of fame, the other is A-Rod. Man that Heyward is completely mediocre.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 am

I apologize for comparing Ike Davis to Jason Heyward. That was an insult to Ike Davis.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:32 am

AtlLonghorn wrote:Yeah, he's a completely ordinary player. He almost became the 13th 20 year old to have an OBP of .400. 11 are in the hall of fame, the other is A-Rod. Man that Heyward is completely mediocre.

He would have to improve to become mediocre. Nice .227 BA. I work with a guy that had a better stat line than that.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby Bucharest on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 am

As much as I hate to agree with you, and I do hate it, the best move I made in my Roto league this year was forcing a contending team to take Heyward's guaranteed contract off my hands.....what a dud of a year.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:39 am

You're absolutely right. We should always write off 22 year olds who have bad seasons.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

Well I don't think he was saying "write him off" just yet, only that we can probably tap the proverbial brakes on the Barry Bonds comparisons.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:34 pm

maybe the rhino steroids have left his bloodstream and he is back to ordinary, maybe he had a bad season. maybe the pitchers had more of a game plan for him, maybe he didnt work as hard on bp and in the cage.
arod never hit 227 after turning 20.
id be hopeful that he is healthy for next season.
id trade carlos lee for him
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Jason Heyward

Postby BarryBnds on Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm

He wishes he were one third the player Andruw Jones was.

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby Bucharest on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:08 pm

BarryBnds wrote:I apologize for comparing Ike Davis to Jason Heyward. That was an insult to Ike Davis.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/16 ... re-mets-1b

:lol:
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:32 am

LOL. He's still hitting better than Heyward and Upton combined.

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 am

Agreed....they're all pretty terrible.
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Heyward was having one of the best second halves of any hitter in baseball and Jon Niese ends his season by breaking his jaw with a pitch today. I honestly think BarryBnds orchestrated this somehow.
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 am

AtlLonghorn wrote:Heyward was having one of the best second halves of any hitter in baseball and Jon Niese ends his season by breaking his jaw with a pitch today. I honestly think BarryBnds orchestrated this somehow.

I mentioned him to someone yesterday about how it seems there will be a Space Jam movie released about baseball players, in which Heyward's talents had been stolen only to be returned about a month ago. Guy was raking. As far as a conspiracy I can't confirm or deny it happened.

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 am

AtlLonghorn wrote:Man that Heyward is completely mediocre.

Agreed. The sad thing is that he's a HOF player compared to some of the Braves lineup. It doesn't pain me in the least to see Heyward, Uggla, and Upton trot out to their respective positions when watching a Braves game. That's about $31 million worth of Meh with all hitting at or below .200 so far.

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby BarryBnds on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:35 am

TheDean176 wrote:The Nats can have Strasburg and Bryce Harper...I'll go to battle with Tommy Hanson and Jason Heyward.

I thought I'd check back in to see where Heyward stood on the way to the HOF, and then I saw this. :shock:

~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Previous

Return to LFZ Memorial Sports Talk