2017 Defending AL West Champion Texas Rangers Thread

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Re: 2017 Defending AL West Champion Texas Rangers Thread

Postby tamut98 on Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

What is Brocail and Banister thinking with Dyson? He does not have his stuff. 5 losses. Quit rolling the dice with him and ship him to the minors so he can work out his issues or better yet DFA his ass.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm

So...Looks like I was correct on the first page of this thread.

You guys should recognize that I am not just some guy in the next cubicle.

Darvish trade is trash. Best you could do is ONE pitcher that will go to f'ing Hickory, whatever state that is in?

Acting like a small town organization because oh yeah we're paying Prince Fielder to get fatter and Choo to lose the ball in the f'ing sun.

I'm about this close to giving up on this franchise, and I hate when people grandstand like that. I hope Yu goes to LA and wins a World Series so the trash "fans" who gave the guy shit have to eat said shit.

Can't f'ing wait for that Hamels (for three months)/Perez/Cashner/Martinez/75 year old Colby Lewis next season.

Should be awesome.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

Yeah this trade sucked dick. You have to get one close to MLB ready pitcher, even if that means just getting one prospect. Instead we get another LH bat that has no natural position as the "jewel" of the trade.

We literally have nothing in the pipeline pitching wise that could be in the league in the next 2-3 years. Unless they go get Yu again in the offseason, which is extremely unlikely, this thing is going to be awful next year and honestly for several years to come. I have a feeling we are headed back to a early 2000s level of sucking.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 pm

The Hardline was also on some serious revisionist history shot today. They were the leaders of the Yu aint that great team and then today were mad about the return he brought and sad to see him go.
txlonghorn47

Postby HornMafia on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

People keep saying we can go get Yu in the off season but the dude is about to go live and pitch in 75 degrees and live on the beach....Maybe if he had been traded to Cleveland, but no chance now.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:06 pm

LMFZ continues to not be the place to go for baseball discussion.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:17 am

Yes if you like the truth and no sunshine pumping don't come here for baseball talk.

There is literally nothing to be excited about for next years team. The only two people who have shown the ability to consistently not suck are Elvis and 39 year old Beltre. Hopefully Maz continues to grow, but other than him I'm not excited about any of the young guys that are on the big club or close to breaking through.
txlonghorn47

Postby HornMafia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:28 am

UTwiz wrote:LMFZ continues to not be the place to go for baseball discussion.

HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:44 am

...before you poke me in the eye with 'em
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 am

They should have traded Yu when it became abundantly clear this team was going nowhere.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby tamut98 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 am

I have been following this team, up close and from afar, since they came to Texas. I will continue to do so. How closely obviously depends on how well they are doing.

Since moving back to the Austin area in '10, they have been a great salve for the pain that has been Longhorn athletics.

I will take the wait and see approach on the Yu trade. As far as being able to resign him, I have heard he loves the organization and the area. But if there is one place in the US that offer an upgrade in climate and other <ahem> "environmental" variables, it is southern California.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:06 am

I'd say there's less than a 1% chance he comes back
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:41 am

So you're saying there's a chance?
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 am

"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:56 am

What does that mean?
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:52 pm

UTwiz wrote:
Well then offer your take instead of merely quoting yourself being a smarmy cunt.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm

tamut98 wrote: But if there is one place in the US that offer an upgrade in climate and other <ahem> "environmental" variables, it is southern California.

Sorry.....have to ask, but did you mean ACTUAL climate? If so, I can think of approximately 29 other cities in MLB that can offer something better.....literally every other city.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:39 pm

U2-Horn wrote:What does that mean?

What do you think it means?
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby UTwiz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:46 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:
UTwiz wrote:
Well then offer your take instead of merely quoting yourself being a smarmy cunt.

Travelling this week, not much downtime. But truthfully, it would be a waste of time. The baseball talk here lives at the intersection of Twitter comments and 105.3 The Fan morning drive, and I'm fairly certain that nothing I say is changing the address.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

2017 Defending AL West Champion Texas Rangers Thread

Postby HornMafia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:20 pm

UT Wiz wrote:Travelling this week, not much downtime. But truthfully, it would be a waste of time. The baseball talk here lives at the intersection of Twitter comments and 105.3 The Fan morning drive, and I'm fairly certain that nothing I say is changing the address.

Seems like I said earlier this year that the Rangers were going to be on a downswing this year and you jumped all over my ass.

I even said that he rotation beyond Yu and Hamels scared me, the bullpen couldn't be trusted, and the lineup was weak, especially in the OF, all of which turned out to be true.

The one thing I didn't predict is that Brocail would be a disaster and Bannister would make a bad bullpen terrible.

JD has had a bad 12 months. It happens.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm

HornMafia wrote:
UT Wiz wrote:Travelling this week, not much downtime. But truthfully, it would be a waste of time. The baseball talk here lives at the intersection of Twitter comments and 105.3 The Fan morning drive, and I'm fairly certain that nothing I say is changing the address.

Seems like I said earlier this year that the Rangers were going to be on a downswing this year and you jumped all over my ass.

I even said that he rotation beyond Yu and Hamels scared me, the bullpen couldn't be trusted, and the lineup was weak, especially in the OF, all of which turned out to be true.

The one thing I didn't predict is that Brocail would be a disaster and Bannister would make a bad bullpen terrible.

JD has had a bad 12 months. It happens.

What has JD done poorly the last 12 months?
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby HornMafia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 pm

The Brinson deal is looking to be a disaster (but Lucroy did have a good 2016 so I don't fault him much for that, but people will), this off-season the biggest acquisition was Mike Napoli, shaky Dyson was only supplemented by fresh out of prison Bush, and Cashner/Ross were reaches and certainly shouldn't have been the headline pitching moves of the winter.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:32 pm

HornMafia wrote:The Brinson deal is looking to be a disaster (but Lucroy did have a good 2016 so I don't fault him much for that, but people will), this off-season the biggest acquisition was Mike Napoli, shaky Dyson was only supplemented by fresh out of prison Bush, and Cashner/Ross were reaches and certainly shouldn't have been the headline pitching moves of the winter.

Well, we had all of our position player spots filled heading into 2017 except LF, and they wanted Profar to get his shot. Gomez was a big signing - lets not forget that. The plan was to play Gallo at 1st until Nap was signed (after flirting with Encarnacion for a bit). Where else/who else should they have pursued? The offense was productive last year. This season, guys have taken a step back.

Our bullpen was viewed as a strength coming into the season, so no one saw the nose dive coming. Dyson was the best pitcher on the US team that won the WBC in March, and made many all star hitters look foolish. Then April happened. Kela went crazy in the last preseason game, getting himself demoted. Bush was great until he took over in the ninth. The pen looked great coming into the season.

With Darvish and Hamels leading the rotation, Cashner and Ross as #4-5 starters made total sense.

Daniels improved the roster talent of a team that won 90+ games and an A.L. West championship last year. It didn't break our way this year. Putting the blame on JD for player regression from a very similar roster as 2016 is an interesting approach.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby U2-Horn on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 am

UTwiz wrote:
U2-Horn wrote:What does that mean?

What do you think it means?

It means they are going to have...a good...year.
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 am

:lol:
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Previous

Return to LFZ Memorial Sports Talk