New Dog

For people who are not cool enough to be HornMafia, so they try to act like him instead.

New Dog

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:23 am

Well after putting Ms. Haddie Mae down this past summer I have finally decided to take the plunge of getting a new dog.

I've been wanting a GSP for a while even before I lost Haddie. So I've been searching the Internet. I really didn't want a puppy as I don't have the time to invest in fully training it. I also didn't want a puppy coming in and completely destroying the house after I spent all this time renovating. So I've been looking for a 2-4 year old. Kind of out of the puppy stage, but still had plenty of good years left. I've tried going the rescue route through the GSP Rescue of Texas. Let me tell you something, adopting a kid is probably an easier undertaking than getting a dog from these people. I know they're looking out for the welfare of the dogs here, but lord were they over the top. I feel like even if the dog has had issues you take it in and give it the best life possible and all will work out. They on the other hand feel that if a dog has the slightest hint of anxiety or anything then if you can be home with it constantly or have another dog for it to be with constantly then no go. So all that to say I won't be going with a rescue from them. I've also gone the pound route, but unfortunately GSPs really don't pop up there.

So browsing a gun dog forum yesterday one caught my eye. 3.5 years old, outstanding coloring, the size I was hoping for. Fully crate broke and trained to point on quail and pheasant already. Also retrieves quail, pheasant, dove, and ducks. Also is supposedly one hell of a swimmer. So with out further long windedness may I introduce the newest member of the Jackson family. Formerly known as The Dude meet the newly named Jagger.

"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Re: New Dog

Postby UTwiz on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:55 am

=D>
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby LMQueen on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:59 am

Jagger is a good looking fellow, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby Bucharest on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:16 am

Waddup Jagger!!!

***fist/paw bump***
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Nice! Very cool.

Chay wishes he had moves like Jagger.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Good looking pooch!
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:31 am

It's been 7 months....I love the guy to death, but HOLY SHIT! He is a wild ass Indian. Remember that while not wanting a puppy thing? Well I got one, this just happens to be a fully grown 70 pound one.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Return to Random Thoughts