"Myself"

For people who are not cool enough to be HornMafia, so they try to act like him instead.

"Myself"

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 am

I'm pretty good with the grammar (far from perfect, but not bad), and I've just accepted that people are going to misspell and misuse words and not care one bit.

But the egregious misuse of the word "myself" irritates the shit out of me. If I had to estimate, I would say that 9/10 times someone says the word "myself" (maybe more), they should just use "me." It seems like it is used mostly when people are directing others to do something.

Five minutes ago I heard one of our reps tell a prospect, "go ahead and email myself with some times you are available." No - "email me," not "myself." My Sales Ops manager is always telling his teams that "you can email Andrew or myself." No - "you can email Andrew or me."

"Me" is not a dirty word (related: people often use "I" when they should use "me," but it's not as widespread and it doesn't bug me nearly as much).

Rant over. You may now go back to not caring, while I try to not shoot myself (proper usage).
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: "Myself"

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 am

Nice. I've given up people not using apostrophes correctly. We bought a Tahoe yesterday, and the dealer's website had "Malibu's" on sale. When I'm on my Iphone and I miss one, I don't correct MYSELF, but I hate seeing it other places.
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Re: "Myself"

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah, I don't hold myself to a high standard on iPhone typing, but those drive me crazy, too.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Return to Random Thoughts