Two work random thoughts

For people who are not cool enough to be HornMafia, so they try to act like him instead.

Re: Two work random thoughts

Postby Mr. Peabody on Thu May 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Politically correct sucks.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Fri May 02, 2014 3:15 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:Politically correct sucks. -sterling

fixed
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Dear Business Travellers,

Nobody cares about your day. Nobody cares that you're "under contract" or "bullish." Yeah. We're all here for work too. You're drinking 12 year old scotch. Good for you. If you were one tenth as baller as you think you are, you'd be drinking the 20. Die.

Love,

12ozLongneck
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Wed May 07, 2014 8:31 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:Dear Business Travellers,

Nobody cares about your day. Nobody cares that you're "under contract" or "bullish." Yeah. We're all here for work too. You're drinking 12 year old scotch. Good for you. If you were one tenth as baller as you think you are, you'd be drinking the 20. Die.

Love,

12ozLongneck

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm the opposite type of business traveler. If I can get off of the plane with having said no more words than, "Two red wines please", I call that a victory.

I don't want to talk to you. I don't want you to talk to me. I want to sit here, take a nap and drink.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 pm

That was a hotel bar random thought. I just want to nurse a beer and watch baseball. I don't give people a chance to talk to me on the plane. The second my ass hits the seat, the headphones go on and I bury my head in my Kindle.

As LMFZ's most seasoned business traveler, which hotel brand would you recommend hitching one's wagon to? I have been a whore for Hilton, but they devalue their points more often than most chains and their exchange rate for airlines miles is garbage. Looks like Starwood is the way to go since they have a 1 for 1 exchange rate with most airlines and you can get the Starwood Preferred Amex and run your purchases through that and rack up points that way. Thoughts?
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 am

Aren't you a Starwood guy, Seth? K is a Marriott person, I think.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby MBK271 on Thu May 08, 2014 11:10 am

Ah, yes. Now here is a topic I could talk about for a good couple of hours.

I'm a Starwood guy and it's really not even close. Marriott would be the second choice.

Considerations

# and Quality of Properties:

- Starwood has much nicer properties than the others. Considering an SPG category 3 (Sheraton) is like a nice Marriott and a category 4 Westin is like a JW Marriott. There are a lot more Westin's and W's out there than JW Marriott's. SPG has St. Regis vs. Marriott's Ritz Carlton. Pretty much a push there. Since I'm a Westin guy (occasionally W), there are so many more at that level than with Marriott. In most cities I would have to defer to the Marriott/Sheraton level if I were a Marriott guy

- Having said that, if you want just volume instead of quality, you go with Marriott. The number of courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn properties that are out there is crazy. If you are planning to cash in your hotel points in Weatherford, TX.... go with Marriott and stay at the Residence Inn there. If you are planning to go to Dallas, stick with SPG and go with Sheraton or Aloft if you want value or Westin or W if you want luxury

Exchange rates

- SPG allows you to accumulate points a lot faster which you can cash in for better properties (as discussed above). They have all kinds of programs that allow you to multiply your points at each stay. Marriott does have programs for "stay 5 and get 1 free) but you have to use those on shitty properties. Only up to category 4 or 5 on a 7 scale at Marriott. And while on a per $ spent basis (removing all bonuses) they are about the same, you then have to consider that pts/night I think is a bit higher at Marriott.

- Yes, you can get a Starwood Amex which is badass since they give you 5 points per $... Booz wouldn't allow us to do that since we had to use our Corporate Amex. I do think there is an annual fee for the SPG Amex but if you travel a lot, it is totally worth it.

- Regardless of program - never exchange hotel points for airline... unless you just aren't going to use the hotel points - in which case I'll buy them. :-) The airline points systems are ridiculous these days. 50K for a round trip that replaces maybe $800 ticket?... for 50K in SPG points, I can stay 4-5 nights in a Westin or W that's worth $1000-$1,200

- it's a lot easier to make platinum with Starwood on a # of nights basis
- I'm not sure if Marriott has a platinum dedicated phone number like SPG does but it always gets picked up and the SPG customer service department is fucking ridiculous. They are nicer than the exec platinum line at AA. They are some of the nicest service reps I've ever talked to. They are Canadians though so that might deter you...
- Once you hit like 100 nights or something, you have a personal concierge that calls you about upcoming travel to ask about accommodations, you have their personal line, email address and they send you a fucking birthday card every year

Bottom line is: Do you want quality or quantity when you convert? That will help you make the decision. Unless you just want to ensure that there is a property in every city you MITGHT travel to (think August GA), it's really not even a decision.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 am

K gets to use airline miles for hotels, too... and she has ton of SW miles.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Silverado on Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 am

Starwood,duh...
"All that schooling, and it takes a knucklehead who's passed out on the couch with a foam finger on to connect them with the outside world."--JRod
Silverado
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Silverado on Thu May 15, 2014 11:22 pm

And by the way Seth, we at Starwood recognize your Platinum status and appreciate your loyalty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
"All that schooling, and it takes a knucklehead who's passed out on the couch with a foam finger on to connect them with the outside world."--JRod
Silverado
All Conference
All Conference

Postby dahorns on Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 am

MBK271 wrote:
12ozLongneck wrote:Dear Business Travellers,

Love,

12ozLongneck

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm the opposite type of business traveler. If I can get off of the plane with having said no more words than, "Two red wines please", I call that a victory.

I don't want to talk to you. I don't want you to talk to me. I want to sit here, take a nap and drink.

agreed ...but my beverage choice is 2 vodkas & cranberry
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri May 16, 2014 10:39 am

Im all about a shot and some benadryl at the airport. You're asleep before the plane even takes off.

Also, in other work related news, I am pretty sure I am getting a promotion that might take me back up to Dallas.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon May 19, 2014 10:38 am

I have had to surrender my office at the contractor up north since I am not working on any of their stuff right now. The cast of characters here at the main office is way less entertaining than Herpes Guy and LVG. All I have here downtown is Guy Who Just Got Diagnosed With MS and Judgmental Vegan. I don't think either one of them will inject any entertainment into my day. Everyone else is more or less normal and that's just boring.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 am

Eat burgers at your desk everyday
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon May 19, 2014 11:33 am

That's funny until I turn into a giant fatass and she gets to say "Told you so!"
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Hahaha. Ehh just eat healthy at night and step up your running. We can stick it to this whore yet.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am

bacon scented cologne
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Nothing like showing up in Cedar Rapids to be informed that the assignment I flew up there to work on was cancelled while I was in the air.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:28 pm

This shit would only happen to Kevin.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Congrats?
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 pm

So apparently reintroducing yourself to somebody who has pretty much no short term memory due to a traumatic brain injury every time you talk to them falls under the umbrella of "reasonable accommodation." I need a drink.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby LMQueen on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh my.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:12 am

The good news: Judgmental Hippie Vegan Auditor is transferring back to Albuquerque at the end of the month.

The bad news: Some other random broad that works down here at the suboffice has learned of my back woes and is bombarding me with propaganda about how chriropractory and alternative medicine represents all that is good and right with the world and if you go to a normal doctor or take medication for anything you might as well just be efficient about things in inject a syringe full of bleach into your heart.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby LMQueen on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 am

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

;)
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am

I've got a case of the idiots that need to mind their own business. I am pretty sure that if I gave this asshole unsolicited advice about how to raise her four year old that just got bounced from a day care for trying to choke out an assistant teacher it would not be well received.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts