The latest on Greggo

For people who are not cool enough to be HornMafia, so they try to act like him instead.

Postby HornMafia on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm

:shock:

There was a sudden two-day absence later in July when Rhyner says Williams answered his inquest with, "Well, if you must know, I had a stroke." And on August 23—The Ticket's "Fight Night" at the Village Country Club—suspicions earned substance when, according to Rhyner, Davidson walked into the bathroom and found Williams kneeling over a line of blow on the toilet seat.

"I don't remember that exactly," Williams says, "but I'm certainly not denying it happened."
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Corby is a puss for refusing to be interviewed.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:17 pm

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Markaholic on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Someone is REALLY bored.
Markaholic
All American
All American

Postby Reinheitsgebot on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:12 pm

why wouldnt he rail out on the top of the tank?
"In bed on non-recreational drugs is no place for a drinking man" - Wheeler
Reinheitsgebot
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:17 pm

12ozLongneck wrote:Corby is a puss for refusing to be interviewed.

I agree.

In fact I'm a little disappointed in the whole crew. Yeah, you don't have to be supportive of him working there anymore, but to completely write-off a guy you've known for that long is pretty shitty.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 pm

I don't listen, but this whole thing is pretty fascinating. All I can think is that his transgressions took such a cumulative toll that it rendered them so angry and bitter as to not really care about him (even as a person) any more. How else to explain this after 14 years as a member of the "team"?

I don't know, maybe you guys can tell me otherwise, but it seems to me that if his problem was that disruptive it would have affected ratings more and/or the station would not have won the awards that it did. From an outsiders perspective, it just seems that they took being "put out" by his personal problems to an extreme......Smooth
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Honestly I didn't notice a drop-off in Greggo's performance at all, and I'm a day 1, P1. In fact, the show was better with him.

And no, it didn't affect the ratings at all. Jobs weren't in trouble, because Rhyner is a radio God who still controls whatever goes on at The Ticket anyhow.

Not to say that he deserved to stay on, he made his own bed there and Ticket management certainly had the right to can him. But there has to be WAY more to this story for them to completely write him off like that after 14 years on air friendship and guys like Craig and George knowing him for 20+ years.

Honestly I think guys like Corby and Danny fear the wrath of Rhyner.

The thing that gets me...okay, August 23rd, you see him snorting cocaine in the bathroom. What the hell happened between August 23rd and October 12th? Did they confront him? Or did they just enable it further?
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 pm

There might be some business ventures gone wrong due to the situation, with Rhyner taking it in the shorts. That may explain some of the hostility. Also, if Greggo slapped Rhyner with a lawsuit of any kind, that would do the trick too. All I know is, even after the walkout, firing and initial reaction, Rhynes and co. still seemed to have nurturing feelings towards Greggo - and said so publicly. Then something happened, and a 180 happened. There has to be a cause to that effect.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby U2-Horn on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm sure the rest of the hosts are just LOVING that Greggo's salary got published.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:08 am

Sounds like a real fucking loser, imo.

"That just reminded me that even after 14 years of loyalty and success and everything else," Williams says, "in the end it's just a business."

Sounds like a true addict..........I'm guessing his friends have a slightly different view of his "loyalty".

"I'm not a bad guy. It's not like I was some strung-out junkie screwing everybody over," Williams says. "The person I was hurting was myself. I don't understand why they have to treat me like this. They won. I lost. I'm trying to move on. But they're still talking about me on the air, just running up the score."

Boo-hoo....poor me.....I wasn't hurting anyone but myself.....blah-blah-blah, sounds like more classic addict-speak.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am

I really don't feel bad for him. He brought it all on himself. But at the end of the day I still love the Hammer.

I am kind of suprised about Corby not contacting him.

Very suprised that him and Rhynes were on bad terms for that long of a time.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby UTwiz on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

talking about it now . . .
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby UTwiz on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Whoops - 4:50 and 5:00 today are the segments on this. I wouldn't miss that if I were you.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 pm

"Fleeting acquaintance with the truth".....Yowza.
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:45 pm

HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Can you imagine making 500K a year to talk about sports, and boobs, and crack fart jokes for 20 hours a week?
txlonghorn47

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 pm

I'd do it for half that!
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Shit I'd do it for 50K
txlonghorn47

Postby HornMafia on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:12 pm

The whole thing is shitty. This is clear:

-- Greggo is a dumbass for falling prey to drugs, for getting jealous over Corby, for millions of others things.

-- Mike Rhyner is no saint.

-- Corby & Danny are going to do what Mike wants to do.

-- The Hardline was better with Greggo.

-- Corby was better as a #3. We need repro man, dirrahea man, the overcusser, the redundant man of redundancy, etc.

-- It's bullshit that their careers were in danger. Management would have recognized the problem and cut it out. Go look at the ratings during that 5 month period, or the years leading up to it. Greggo going crazy wasn't a detriment to the ratings.

-- They wanted Greggo out and they saw their chance and took it. Plain and simple.

-- But again, Greggo is the only one to blame in this situation, so take your finger off the "quote" button.

-- If Corby saw him SNORTING COKE during a SHOW, and they let him go on for two months...well they weren't worried about their livelihoods then.

-- I'm just pissed at the whole situation. I'm pissed at Greggo. I'm pissed at Mike. I'm pissed at Corby. I'm pissed at Danny. I'm pissed that Ty Walker still has a job. The whole thing sucks, and we're the ones that get the shaft.

-- Seriously, quit calling it The Hardline. It's not the Hardline anymore. I still love the show, and it's still my #1, but you haven't "fixed it". Greggo broke it, and you think you have fixed it, but you have not. Bring John Rhadigan in already.

-- As a Day 1, P1, this whole thing has been a kick in the nuts.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:18 am

HornMafia wrote:-- Seriously, quit calling it The Hardline. It's not the Hardline anymore. I still love the show, and it's still my #1, but you haven't "fixed it". Greggo broke it, and you think you have fixed it, but you have not. Bring John Rhadigan in already.

Really?
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 am

Yeah. John Rhadigan filled in a few times as a "+1" earlier this year. He has the sports credibility, he's funny enough, and most importantly he has great chemistry with the guys.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 am

I wouldn't mind him doing it, but I would much rather it be Followill.
txlonghorn47

Postby Bucharest on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:19 am

Rick Renner going once......going twice........
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 am

txlonghorn47 wrote:I wouldn't mind him doing it, but I would much rather it be Followill.

Yeah I love Followill, just don't think he would ever consider leaving the Mavericks.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts