So I may have totally overreacted today....

Please pay Jeremy your $20 if you haven't already

So I may have totally overreacted today....

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:04 pm

....but I have Kolb who is probably gonna be out at least 3 weeks, lets be honest they are super careful with concusions these days, and really he was sucking ass before that.

I have a RB stable of Peterson, Tim Hightower, Jamal Charles, and Jonathan Stewart.

So today I sent away Peterson and Hightower for Drew Breese and Ricky Williams. Did I do the right thing here? I mean our scoring is 20 yards passing for a point and 6 for a TD, and I think once Beanie Wells is back then Hightower and Williams are a wash. Thoughts?
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Re: So I may have totally overreacted today....

Postby UTwiz on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 pm

In our league, QBs score points, and since there isn't anyone you can grab off waivers and start (I believe all teams but me have a back up) and get consistent - if not good - production, the move makes sense to me. Obviously, you will need Charles and Stewart to put up solid numbers to have it pay off tremendously. Not really a stretch. If those two can bridge the gap until Ronnie Brown inevitably goes down for the season (he's usually good for it), you should be set. Or, if you didn't feel great about Williams, you could trade for one of my 19 RBs on my roster . . . there is some upside with guys like Best, Harrison, Beanie, Greene, etc. - more so than Ricky.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:55 am

If it makes you feel any better, I have Kolb in both of my leagues (not sure why, but I bought into the hype that Reid loves him and he is perfect for their system). I actually think that is a really good trade--Brees has been very consistent the past 2 years, and there certainly have been games where you would have expected more production from Peterson. I think that is pretty solid....
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 pm

I just traded away Eli, Barber, and J. Finley for Gore and Farve. Any thoughts??

Chay I think your deal could go either way. I love AD but don't see him having any miraculous games.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby UTwiz on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Eli and Favre are both meh lower end qb1s, so they cancel each other out. The trade was Finely and Barber for Gore.

You win.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby MBK271 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:27 pm

txlonghorn47 wrote:....but I have Kolb who is probably gonna be out at least 3 weeks, lets be honest they are super careful with concusions these days, and really he was sucking ass before that.

I have a RB stable of Peterson, Tim Hightower, Jamal Charles, and Jonathan Stewart.

So today I sent away Peterson and Hightower for Drew Breese and Ricky Williams. Did I do the right thing here? I mean our scoring is 20 yards passing for a point and 6 for a TD, and I think once Beanie Wells is back then Hightower and Williams are a wash. Thoughts?

If Hightower and Williams are a wash, you essentially traded AP for Brees.

Both are top 10 picks but AP is a solid #2. I would think that you could get a decent QB on the waiver wire depending on how deep your bench is.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 pm

A guy in my work league gave me TO for Roy Williams last night.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:A guy in my work league gave me TO for Roy Williams last night.

When you can upgrade the #9 WR on your roster, you have to pull the trigger.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Return to LMFZ Fantasy Football