The new Dream thread...

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Postby Drew Corleone on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:52 am

So I looked up that chick (soph yearbook). Quite a weird experience. I bet she's hot these days.But I bet she's an Aggie.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 am

Anyone ever try to have a "dream sequel"?

I woke up earlier because I had to pee, but I was in the middle of a pretty cool dream. I was kicking Matt's and Chay's (and one other person's) ass in sports trivia, and I wanted to see if I ended up winning.

But I couldn't continue that dream.

dammit.

Also had a dream where I was back in HS nd my locker was in the produce section of HEB, and another where I was eating candy corn in a swamp, and yet another where I was shopping for new clothes and the store I was at only sold jorts and jerseys, and Dickies pants.

weird, I know. And I didn't even eat spicy food last night.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby MBK271 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:26 am

If the other person was me, the answer is "No, you did not win. Daddy did."
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Music City Mafia on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:00 pm

Try this one out from last night/early this morning:

I was dreaming that my wife and I were attending some sort of show (like sitting in the studio audience for some TV show or something). Out of the blue, a surprise guest shows up and it's Tom Cruise. He immediately starts in with the crazy antics, jumping all over the place and ranting/lecturing everybody about something. He catches some kind of insect in his hands, walks over to where my wife is sitting and starts yelling at her about the health benefits of the insects and starts to reach out at her with the insect. At that point I jump up and commence to beating the ever-living shit out of him. His entourage rushes in, pulls me off, and drags him off to his personal vehicle nearby, which happens to resemble Uncle Rico's van for some reason. So things calm down and I'm standing there with my wife when he comes rushing back at me, this time armed with one of those small-sized umbrellas. He missed me, I took it away from him and commenced to beating him senseless a second time - with his own umbrella - and then my alarm went off.

I told my wife about the dream and after laughing she said "Wow. you really don't like that guy, do you?"
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:11 pm

Nice...
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:24 pm

Excellent!
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:37 pm

I don't buy into the food/dream correlation, by the way, but for any that do... I had a couple of loaded chili dogs for dinner last night.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:42 am

weird one last night... Matt and I were at DKR and the Horns were playing the Aggies. Midway through the game a storm begins to brew on the horizon, and as it nears we see tornadoes develop. This doesn't worry me, though, and I immediately realize I'm dreaming, because in this alternate reality tornadoes had interrupted a previous Aggie game (I know, wtf???).. The twisters apparently didn't hurt anyone in that game, yet the last thing I remember during this game before waking up was what looked like an F5 coming right up San Jac, as wide as the field itself.

I don't remember the score of the game.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:18 am

how did the new DKR look? Or was it the old one?

:o
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:36 am

Shouldn't we have been playing Iowa State...
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Makaveli on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:55 am

F5 coming right up San Jac, as wide as the field itself.

The field is 50 yards wide, right ?

The Jarrell Tornado was 1300-1700 yards wide.

How bout that.

:shock:
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:33 am

Okay, maybe it wsn't an F5.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon May 21, 2007 8:05 am

Okay, so I dreamed last night that I was hanging out with Kevin Smith. He was offended when I told him that Mallrats was his best movie, and then I tried to get him to admit that he actually wrote the script for Good Will Hunting.

Not sure where this came from, as I haven't seen a Kevin Smith movie in a while.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: The new Dream thread...

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Last night I had a dream that the Rangers were in the World Series. I was trying to watch Game 1 at a dive bar situated at the top of Reunion Tower, but could not because Reunion Tower was being attacked by a 500 foot tall living statue of JR Ewing made entirely of gold.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Wed May 27, 2009 8:00 am

12ozLongneck wrote:Last night I had a dream that the Rangers were in the World Series. I was trying to watch Game 1 at a dive bar situated at the top of Reunion Tower, but could not because Reunion Tower was being attacked by a 500 foot tall living statue of JR Ewing made entirely of gold.

Kevin, STEP AWAY FROM THE GANGA MAN! You'll never get a new job if you cannot pass a pee test. :badgrin:
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby UTwiz on Wed May 27, 2009 9:58 am

What's funny is that typically the least likely occurrence in that scenario would be the Rangers going to the World Series . . .
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Last night I dreamed that Matt and I bought a golf course and decided to fix it up. I think there may have only been two holes, and one of them went uphill.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm

:lol:
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Two entries here:

I don't remember anything at all about what I dreamed about on Saturday night, but whatever it was caused me to find myself standing in my living room at 3:30 in the morning thoroughly convinced that there was a nest of poisonous snakes under my bed before I snapped back into reality. I had not been drinking. Weird.

I'm not sure what exactly the dream I had last night was about, but it involved Drew pointing a machine gun at me. I am not 100% sure as to what brought us to this point, but one of the main issues was the fact that my passport was not valid for some reason.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Silverado on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 am

Commie! :red:
"All that schooling, and it takes a knucklehead who's passed out on the couch with a foam finger on to connect them with the outside world."--JRod
Silverado
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:46 am

I dreamed that the Astros acquired A-Rod last night.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:22 pm

I dreamed that Chay went out on a date with Alex Ovechkin.

Weird huh.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:56 pm

I've had 3 or 4 dreams in the last year where I witness a commercial airliner crashing.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby LMQueen on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 am

U2-Horn wrote:I've had 3 or 4 dreams in the last year where I witness a commercial airliner crashing.

I used to have that dream often, but it has been a while.
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Last night I dreamed that I was sitting at a table in a large cabin in the woods somewhere having a very serious discussion regarding current events with Burt Reynolds. Out of nowhere, Burt pushed a button on a small console sitting next to him that I had previously not noticed. This caused two large rattlesnakes to drop out of a box that was secured to the bottom of the table. One of the snakes bit me and I woke up terrified.

Oddly enough, it appears that this is not the first time I have contributed a snake-related dream to this thread. I wonder if there's anything to that.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

PreviousNext

Return to Strange, But True