The new Dream thread...

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

The new Dream thread...

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 am

So last night I had a weird dream... coulda been dure to the WB w/ bacon, cheese and japs I ate at 9:30.

Anyway...

I was visting the planet Jupiter, where some friends had relocated. Bizarre, I know. I blame the jalapenos for that one. And so I'm at their space-house chillin' when this girl Chris, who I obsessed about from around 2002-2004, shows up. I haven't seen her in real life in almost two years, save for a brief run-in at a gas station 11 months ago.

Anyway...

Not a lot happens, but it was quite vivid. And I knew I was dreaming and I kept telling her I didn't want to wake up, and she kept telling me that I didn't have to be afraid to wake up, because we'd see each other soon.

And then I woke up.

The sad part is that hanging out on the planet Jupiter is not the most unrealistic part of that dream.

Dammit. It was the best, yet worst, dream I've had in a very long time.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby MBK271 on Wed May 10, 2006 10:10 am

Come on now Drew.

Jupiter is a gaseous planet with no real surface and has crazy and constant bad weather. Why would anyone want to move there?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Re: The new Dream thread...

Postby Bucharest on Wed May 10, 2006 10:34 am

Drew Corleone wrote:So last night I had a weird dream... coulda been dure to the WB w/ bacon, cheese and japs I ate at 9:30.

It was either that, or the hit of acid you took at 10???

That's cool, and I wish I could offer a story, but I hardly ever remember my dreams.....and I mean EVER. Sometimes I'll remember in the shower or getting ready for work, but they're usually gone by the time I get my first cup of coffee.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Wed May 10, 2006 11:38 am

Maybe she is moving to Jupiter Road in Dallas.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed May 10, 2006 11:42 am

MBK271 wrote:Come on now Drew.

Jupiter is a gaseous planet with no real surface and has crazy and constant bad weather. Why would anyone want to move there?

I wondered about this myself. But even in dreams you don't worry about details when a beautiful girl is in your presence.

Buch... I have a weird, weird memory... to go along with weird dreams.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Wed May 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:Anyway...

I was visting the planet Jupiter, where some friends had relocated. Bizarre, I know. I blame the jalapenos for that one. And so I'm at their space-house chillin' when this girl Chris, who I obsessed about from around 2002-2004, shows up. I haven't seen her in real life in almost two years, save for a brief run-in at a gas station 11 months ago.

Roger Clements has been in semi-retirment, other than a brief sighting recently with the U.S. Team.

Drew Corleone wrote:Anyway...

Not a lot happens, but it was quite vivid. And I knew I was dreaming and I kept telling her I didn't want to wake up, and she kept telling me that I didn't have to be afraid to wake up, because we'd see each other soon.

It is a foregone conclusion (at least in your subconscious) now that the Rocket will be pitching in a 'Stros uni sometime soon (in mid-June most likely).

Drew Corleone wrote:Dammit. It was the best, yet worst, dream I've had in a very long time.

Your devotion to the 'Stros compels you to want to get pumped about how Clemens' return will help the team, but the hyperbolic nerve in your body can't stand the premadonna and is sick and done with thinking about the Rocket.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed May 10, 2006 12:42 pm

Wow... that's more off the mark than Brad Lidge's slider these days.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Wed May 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Or maybe it was just the jalapenos... ?
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Private Applewhite on Wed May 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Are we talking about the BMW/Cell Phone girl ?

If so, I say INSTANT CLASSIC.
Private Applewhite
Walk-On
Walk-On

Postby LMQueen on Wed May 10, 2006 1:08 pm

:shock:

Private Applewhite = Charles?
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Wed May 10, 2006 1:54 pm

Robbs, You should start to worry. :shock:
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed May 10, 2006 2:27 pm

Apples... no, that is Kris with a K, and I was never really into her, aside from that night, and one or two others.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby SOONERTHUNDER on Wed May 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Last edited by SOONERTHUNDER on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SOONERTHUNDER
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby MBK271 on Tue May 30, 2006 9:01 am

I normally don't recall any of my dreams but the memory was just sparked by a coupon I received via email. My dream last night.

I was a Wal-Mart employee. For some reason, I purchased $12K worth of Christmas presents. However, I forgot to use my 10% employee discount card. So, I had to talk to my manager and let her know (why did it have to be a woman, and why did she have to weigh 300 lbs?) that I wanted to just do a cash settlement off of the receipt for the discount in order to avoid having to return everything and re-purchase it with my discount. I wanted to avoid that as much as she did but i had to keep the threat alive as a bargaining chip. I was walking a tight rope trying to not piss her off but I certainly wasn't going to walk away from $1200.

1. Is it possible to spend $12K in WM?
2. What kind of person forgets to use their employee discount?
3. Who spends $12K on Christmas presents?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby LMQueen on Tue May 30, 2006 9:05 am

:lol: Interesting.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby UTwiz on Tue May 30, 2006 9:06 am

Here . . . comes . . . Greg
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Private Applewhite on Tue May 30, 2006 2:45 pm

I had a dream the other night that [we] were visiting a place with tall buildings and I was in one called "World Trade West" when a bomb went off in the base of a middle tower which was banging against the other two beside it at it shook and collapsed and so then I had to go into Harrison Ford mode to seek and destroy the terrorists....who were unexplainably now in WTW with me...a lot of elevator type chasing around the building with total chaos everywhere... Not really sure how it ended as I was abruptly awakened but I'm pretty sure it would have made a great movie.
Devin Harris is the new Jordan.
Private Applewhite
Walk-On
Walk-On

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 am

Another weird one last night (well, a few, but one that stands out):

I'm at some function in Temple -- not sure if it's a bar or a concert or what, but I'm surrounded by people I went to HS with. Anyway... I see a girl that I think I recognize and I go and grab her from behind, and then I see it's not who I think it is (I don't remember who it was supposed to be). Turns out it's this girl named Laura Marvick. I use the name, not because any of you would know her, but because I can't believe I even remember it, subconsciously or not. I probably spoke to her maybe two times in my life, no doubt limited to something like "could I borrow a sheet of paper" or "is that desk open," and I'm not exactly sure I could pick her out in a room of strangers. But there she is in my dream, and of course I spontaneously develop this huge crush on her. The rest of my dream is spent trying to woo her -- without success, I think, but I don't really recall. I do remember waking up at about 6 am and saying her name out loud so I wouldn't forget.

Now me dreaming about a girl, and succeeding in my dream world where I usually fail in reality, is not new. In fact it happens with alarming frequency. But it's usually relegated to a handful of subjects -- many of whom I've discussed on these boards over the years, and all of whom I have had a crush on in real life. The fact that I dreamt of such a random chick is what gets me.

Now I'm off to MySpace to see if she has a page.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:52 am

Build her a cake.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:14 am

sounds like classic stalker behavior

and um, yeah...WASH YOUR SHEETS

thanks matt
Last edited by ChuckNorrisHorn on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby HornMafia on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:17 am

ChuckNorrisHorn wrote:sounds like classic stalker behavior

and um, yeah...WASH OUR SHEETS

our?

Freudian slip?
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby edavis3 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:18 am

Drew Corleone wrote:Another weird one last night (well, a few, but one that stands out):

I'm at some function in Temple -- not sure if it's a bar or a concert or what, but I'm surrounded by people I went to HS with. Anyway... I see a girl that I think I recognize and I go and grab her from behind, and then I see it's not who I think it is (I don't remember who it was supposed to be). Turns out it's this girl named Laura Marvick. I use the name, not because any of you would know her, but because I can't believe I even remember it, subconsciously or not. I probably spoke to her maybe two times in my life, no doubt limited to something like "could I borrow a sheet of paper" or "is that desk open," and I'm not exactly sure I could pick her out in a room of strangers. But there she is in my dream, and of course I spontaneously develop this huge crush on her. The rest of my dream is spent trying to woo her -- without success, I think, but I don't really recall. I do remember waking up at about 6 am and saying her name out loud so I wouldn't forget.

Now me dreaming about a girl, and succeeding in my dream world where I usually fail in reality, is not new. In fact it happens with alarming frequency. But it's usually relegated to a handful of subjects -- many of whom I've discussed on these boards over the years, and all of whom I have had a crush on in real life. The fact that I dreamt of such a random chick is what gets me.

Now I'm off to MySpace to see if she has a page.

The vision of seeing you wake up and saying "Laura Mavrik" and kinda nodding your head is priceless. :lol:
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 pm

I had a dream last night that I ran into this guy from high school and I called him by his brother's name. Then I realized my mistake later and for the rest of that dream and for the rest of the other dreams that night I was trying to find him and apologize.

I think I might try to contact him.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby edavis3 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Was it Stormy Fox?
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:17 pm

:lol:
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Next

Return to Strange, But True