The new Dream thread...

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

The new Dream thread...

Postby HornMafia on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Was he nude?
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Re: The new Dream thread...

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:38 pm

No. He was fully clothed and had what appeared to be a suede cowboy hat on.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I too recently had a dream I got snake bit and woke up kicking the covers off scared to death.

I have a terrible snake fear. If I watch anything on TV or movies involving snakes I usually end up having night mares about them. I think the above episode was within a couple days of seeing True Grit.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby Makaveli on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey, speaking of dreams...

Do ya'll remember when Paul told us that night before the A&M game that he had a dream that Greg Brown ran back an interception for Touchdown on the first play of the game ? Then the next day we watched it happen. That was off the charts bizarre.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:00 am

Last night I had a dream that I was staying in a hotel and returned to my room to discover that a couple of teenagers had broken into my room. When I asked them to explain exactly what the fuck they were doing in my room, they exchanged uncomfortable glances. At that point, the room service they had ordered showed up. I picked up a large sandwich they had ordered and ate pretty much the whole thing in one bite. The boy told me that I shouldn't do that because the sandwich belonged to him, so I punched him in the nose. At this point, he started crying and said I could have sex with the girl that was with him if I didn't tell they had broken into my room. I called security and they left.

After that, I wanted to take a shower since some of the kid's blood got on me when I punched him. That didn't happen since the only shower was in the pool area in full view of happy families frolicing in the water. I was annoyed and left.

After that, I found myself on a hill overlooking a tourist attraction that was marketed as a "Predatory Animal Wildlife Park." There was a large enclosure full of animals that appeared to be a cross between a racoon and a large wolf. When I showed up, they were eating dog food out of giant bowls. For some reason, I started making random animal noises and all the racoonwolf things got totally pissed off and were growling and snapping at each other as they attempted to climb the fence so they could kill me.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

The new Dream thread...

Postby Drew Corleone on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:24 am

Kevin obviously ate a pepperoni and shrooms pizza for dinner
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 am

@Kevin. and people around the poker games i play at, think I could be a serial killer...
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 am

Last night I dreamed that I was in my brother's car and we were driving down Plano Road in Richardson. As we were driving along, we saw a dog chasing some dude down the sidewalk. My brother pulled off of the road and got his car in between the dog and the guy. The guy that was being chased kept running and my brother said that he was an asshole for not stopping to say "Thank you." After that, we got back on the road and started driving. For some reason, I decided to crawl out of the window and stand on the front bumper of his car as we drove down the road. After a minute or two of that, the dog that was chasing the guy jumped up out of nowhere and latched onto my arm. I woke up after that.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 pm

WTF Kevin?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I dunno. I have very weird and vivid dreams.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 am

I dreamed that I was at a restaurant meeting some people. They were running a little bit late so I got a table. I got up and went to the restroom and when I got back, there was a woman and a teenage girl holding a baby sitting at my table. I informed them that was my table. The teenage girl responded that the table was theirs now and punctuated her explanation with "...and you're a whore." I took a deep breath and decided to attempt to resolve the situation in a rational manner. I looked at the lady across the table, who I assumed was the mother, and asked if she was just going to let her daughter talk to a stranger like that. She ignored me and continued to drink her ice tea. I made numerous attempts to secure assistance from a restaurant employee, but couldn't find anyone who would help me. At this point, I grew frustrated, walked back to the table, looked the teenage girl with the baby square in the eye, said "You know who's a fucking whore? A 16 year old with a baby, that's who!" and flipped the table over. At this point, this girl's boyfriend pulls up in a Kia subcompact and gets out. I can see that he is holding a gun which he has hidden in a paper sack. I start running and he chases me around in a development of unfinished houses for awhile. I return to the restaurant to try to leave, but the boyfriend's car is parked right behind mine and has it blocked in. The door is open and it is still running. At this point, I get the attention of some random person walking by, point at the car and say "Hey, I don't need you to steal that car, but I need you to get in it and just move it like 10 feet forward" and give him $40, which was all the cash I had on me. He takes the money, shrugs his shoulders and then walks into the restaurant without doing a damn thing. Then I woke up.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby edavis3 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 am

Kevin is killing me. Lol
edavis3
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 am

The funny part is the only irrational part of this is him asking for somebody else to move the car.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:07 am

Last night I had a dream that I was taking a pre calculus test in a class that was being taught by some hot bitch in a Princess Leia bikini thing.

The other night I had a dream that I was in the home of some famous engineer. There was an aquarium full of scary monster fish things and the engineer said they would eat eveybody in the world if they got out. After that we went to the basketball arena at the school this guy taught at to see a marketing presentation for a new neon green sports drink that glowed in the dark because Ichiro, Johnny Damon and Stephen Strasburg were there. The lady sitting next to me turned to me and said "There is no way that is any good for you." Once the presentation was over, the engineer and I went to a bar. We had a few beers and all of a sudden, the professor grabbed me by the arm and said we had to get out of town right now and pointed at the TV. I looked at the TV and Johnny Damon was on there whaling on the aquarium with the scary fish in it with a baseball bat.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am

Nice.

Last night I dreamed that I was in Breaking Bad and trying to transport drug money in duffel bags with clothes.

Other recent dreams (sadly I cannot remember a lot of the details) have involved me:

[list=]Escaping the scene of an assassination, parkour-style
Attending a HS reunion at Porter's parents' ranch mansion
Returning to HS to try out for the football team (actually quite a few Temple football-related dreams)
Standing vigil in the house as people tried to break in[/list]
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue May 20, 2014 7:22 am

Last night I had a dream that Google had a new project called "Google Orb." Not sure what it was for. Some unknown person sent me a disc with a PowerPoint presentation on it informing me that Google was a front for a Satanic cult and that Google Orb had something to do with that. There was a note included with the disc that said I was given this information because I am "a true patriot." It was so vivid that when I woke up I, oddly enough, Googled "Google Orb." I'm sure that two slices of pepperoni pizza with tons of crushed red pepper on it that I consumed at post runners group dinner last night had a bit to do with this.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 am

The question is... were you planning to follow the white Rabbit before you woke up?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Tue May 20, 2014 11:33 am

12ozLongneck wrote:Last night I had a dream that Google had a new project called "Google Orb." Not sure what it was for. Some unknown person sent me a disc with a PowerPoint presentation on it informing me that Google was a front for a Satanic cult and that Google Orb had something to do with that. There was a note included with the disc that said I was given this information because I am "a true patriot." It was so vivid that when I woke up I, oddly enough, Googled "Google Orb." I'm sure that two slices of pepperoni pizza with tons of crushed red pepper on it that I consumed at post runners group dinner last night had a bit to do with this.

I take this to mean that Google is going to buy Orbital Sciences (ORB) and launch their satellites to further spy on all of us. Thus, I am buying 10,000 shares of ORB today.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:08 am

Last night I dreamed that Austin Pets Alive was still where it currently is by Town Lake but that a large high rise hotel had been built above it because it was part of some ballot proposition that passed. I was there dropping off a dog with very severe demodex mange that I had transported over from the city shelter and went upstairs to have a beer at the hotel bar in the new hotel with a couple of volunteers I know. When I left I went into the service corridor and took some random elevator back downstairs. For some reason, before the elevator door opened, I could hear loud meowing. That struck me as odd because all of the cats are sequestered in their own building, which is good because cats suck and all the APA cat volunteers are weird fat ladies. So anyways, the elevator door opens and I realize that for some reason this elevator lets you out into a giant pen where cats the size of a normal fully grown labrador retriever live. Things get even weirder when something with a cat head and a fully clothed humanoid body stands up and says "Hey man." I look at him, startled and he just says "Yeah. I'm sorry for what I am." I stand there and try to think of something diplomatic to say and eventually just blurt out "Nah... It's cool." The catperson thing just shrugs his shoulders and says "OK, well I have to take a piss", unlatches the gate, shuts it behind him and walks off.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Last night I dreamed that I was at work talking to a person of Japanese descent who I didn't really know too well. The Japanese person kept saying "crebit" instead of "credit." While I was speaking to this person someone I know from our headquarters showed up and shot the Japanese person in the head. I freaked out and asked the person from HQ what the fuck she was doing and she explained that she had gone back in time, infiltrated a facility where Japanese spies are trained and purposefully taught them to mispronounce certain common words so we would be able to pick out spies and kill them.

No offense to the Orientals.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 am

I would watch that Black Mirror episode
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:58 am

Last night I dreamed that I went up for OU weekend and I stayed with Matt and Chay at Matt's HS buddy Brett's house (I don't think I have seen Breet since Matt and Robbi's wedding in 09). I remember thinking how weird it was that I didn't ride up to Dallas with Bob and Alma, and then things just got weirder. I don't remember if we went out on Friday, but all of the sudden it was 7 am and Matt and Brett insisted that we all go to sleep for a few hours and I was arguing that we should just stay up and go down to the fair. Then I realized I didn't have tickets. Matt said he was sitting with Robbi (where was Robbi, by the way? no idea). Chay said he already had tickets and I told him to go fuck himself. So I asked Brett if he wanted to get tickets and he was very non-committal. Next thing I know we're sitting in Brett's front yard drinking whiskey with some OU fans, and then we were at the fair and I couldn't find anyone, so I tried to find a ticket but I couldn't interact with anyone.

Then I guess I woke up. I don't really remember anything after that.

And OU Sucks.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby LMQueen on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 am

That is very detailed and very odd.
:)
And OU still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby 12ozLongneck on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Last night I dreamed that I was at Dunkin Donuts eating donuts and having coffee with a person named Kyla who I went to elementary school with. Kyla and I were the only two kids in the smart kid reading group in our class so we got sent next door to be in that class' smart kid reading group because someone decided it "wasn't fair for two students to get that much attention" in our class. Her parents bitched and said they wouldn't single a reading group of two slow kids out like that and that's why our society is so messed up, which is as true now as it was back in the early 1980s. Oprah Winfrey arrives and interrupts our breakfast and asks Kyla if she wants to be on an episode of her show about "highly successful black women." I have no idea as to whether or not Kyla grew up to be a highly successful black woman because, in addition to being vocally critical of the administration at Richland Elementary, Kyla's parents were Jehovah's Witnesses which resulted in Kyla getting measles and, later, measles-related encephalitis. Kyla left our elementary school never to return after that and I have no idea what became of her. I told Oprah to stop interrupting and "go find another lame book for the stupid stay at home moms that watch your show to flip their shit over." Some Dunkin Donuts employee told me that was Oprah Winfrey and I had no right to talk to her that way. I told him to fuck off because it was time for him to go make the donuts. That's all I remember. It was very vivid and I wanted a donut when I woke up this morning.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Now I want a donut.
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Previous

Return to Strange, But True