The People vs. OJ Simpson

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Re: The People vs. OJ Simpson

Postby LMQueen on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Very good episode. Seriously, out of all the detectives in the LAPD, why did that guy have to be on duty that night.
I think if I was Mr. Goldman I would have taken a lead pipe to Johnny Cochran and Mark Fuhrman's skulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby HornMafia on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 pm

So tense...and you know how it ends.

And some say the 30 for 30 on this coming later this year is better. We'll see.

Did y'all see that Martin Sheen is producing and narrating a documentary next year that says OJ didn't do it, that his son did it?

The book that it is based on basically lines out the theory that Jason was already a nutcase (was already involved in several violent incidences), worked as a chef, and Nicole pissed him off that day when she bailed on a dinner he was throwing. His time card that night was manually entered instead of electronically punched like the other employees.

Total bullshit, but there is the question of why Nicole had blood on her back and under her nails that wasn't hers, Ron's or OJ's...and why if Goldman was a black belt that had evidence of fighting back that night (several bruises on his hands), why Simpson only had the small cut on his finger....
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:39 am

It appears I'm in the minority on this one, but between the absolutely horrendous acting, specifically Travolta and Rod Tidewell, I just couldn't watch it anymore. I also never realized that Rob Kardashian not only looks like Ross from friends, but apparently is the exact same character...hopefully he got to bang Rachel too. I also had a problem with some of the "liberties" the show takes with the facts, but hey, I can deal with that as I realize it's TV.....but Travolta.....I mean, good Lord......it's just painful to watch.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 pm

I agree on Travolta

For whatever reason though, I always find him hard to watch in anything.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Bucharest on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 pm

That's a good point.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

The People vs. OJ Simpson

Postby LMQueen on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:13 am

So I think the two most sickening points of the finale were that the Browns lost custody of the kids and OJ moved them to Florida. Also, the Goldmans only getting a fraction of the civil suit is terrible. Those poor kids.
The fact that OJ got to live another 13 years as a free man is disgusting.
Hopefully he is not granted parole next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am

Who knows how the deliberation really went, but the black jurors came across as just as racist IMO.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby HornMafia on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:40 am

Great show, I wish it went a little longer.

The jury probably feels even more convinced they did the right thing given the recent Ferguson controversies and such.

Looking forward to the 30 for 30 this summer, Chuck Klosterman calls it the best thing ESPN has ever done.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Previous

Return to Strange, But True