Drew's Customer Service Experiences

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Re: Drew's Customer Service Experiences

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Dear Target Corporation,

I visited your Austin Arboretum location on the afternoon of October 10, 2012 due to the fact that the tension rod that I use to hold my shower curtain aloft is no longer capable of bearing said burden after several years of reliable service. While at Target procuring a replacement tension rod, I recalled that I had thrown a few undershirts into the trash due to the fact that they had become threadbare after repeated use and washings and decided to replace them as well. During the checkout process, I was disappointed to discover that the plastic wrapping containing the t-shirts I intended to purchase could not be read by the barcode scanner in the particular checkout lane I had selected. The cashier inquired as to whether I remembered how much the item in question cost. I responded in the negative. At this point, the cashier looked at me with a bewildered expression and I attempted to be helpful by alerting her to the fact that it was highly likely that the barcode that would not scan had human readable characters beneath it that she could type in using her hands. After numerous unsuccessful attempts on the part of the cashier to navigate this task, I became aware of the growing impatience of the patrons behind me and informed the cashier that I would happily pay for just the tension rod and be on my way. I can only be glad that I had my debit card with me and did not have to pay with cash because I sincerely believe that there was an approximately equal chance of the employee I dealt with during this transaction achieving cold fusion while I stood there as there was of her performing the complicated mental gymnastics that would have been required to remove the correct amount of change from her cash register and hand it to me. I figured you would be interested in learning of the difficulties I encountered in the checkout process at this location as the time of year where we mark the birth of Our Lord And Savior by exchanging DVD copies of "The Dark Knight Rises" and assorted plastic baubles draws near and efficiency in all phases of operations at your stores becomes paramount.

Warmest Regards,

[12ozLongneck]
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Bravo
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Well f'ing done.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Fuck AT&T, but this guy seemed okay...

"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Next, on an all new episode of Catfish...
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Bucharest on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Wow......how the mighty have fallen!!??!!

Times really are tough!!!!
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 pm

That is outstanding.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Hahaha!!! Awesome. =D>
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:26 pm

When I see Steve Austin I think

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I wonder how many times he gets that a day......like at least once a day.....twice, or am I overshooting on that?
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:44 pm

More like 6 million.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 pm

:lol: :lol:

Greatness.

I'm guessing that most people think it but don't call him on it.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:49 pm

This just happened to Me. In fact I'll replace my name with "ME"
---------------------------------------
Hi! This is Richard D with StubHub Customer Support. How can I assist you today?
ME: Hi. I'm confused about order #168348428, as my net proceeds were significantly lower than previous similar sales. For instance, on order#'s 167051304 and 167115583 I sold 2 and 2 of the same tickets (4 total) at the same price and proceeds were a combined $356.40. The proceeds on order# 168348428 should be at least the same amount but instead are only $298.80
Richard D: Hey ME, it's my pleasure to assist you with your concern about your payments.
Richard D: It will just be a moment more - thanks for your patience.
ME: OK. Let me ask you this question first re: order # 168348428 -- What do you show as the gross selling price (what did the buyer pay per ticket) ?
Richard D: just a moment
Richard D: from what i'm seeing the buyer cost is $397.44
ME: OK. And I received proceeds of 298.80. Why did that transaction cost 25% of sales price ? It wasn't displayed as such at pricing.
Richard D: Thank you for that information, one moment please.
Richard D: Remember that the sell fee is 15% of the price that you listed your tickets for.
ME: OK. So what are you showing that my proceeds on that sale should have been (the one with buyer cost $397.44) ?
Richard D: just a moment please
Richard D: From what am seeing the sell fee is $33.20
ME: That would only be 8.3%. I was charged 25%. What do you think the net proceeds should have been ?
ME: Looks like I was charged 10% in the past.
Richard D: From what i'm seeing all is correct with your payment
ME: My payment was only $298.80 for 4 tickets that sold for $397.44 as we discussed previously. An earlier sale for the same price and tickets netted me $356.40
ME: From what I'm seeing all is NOT correct with my payment
Richard D: remember that you listed the tickets for $83 each
ME: No, I didn't. And why would I. If I did they would have sold a long time ago for $83. But they sold for $99.36 each as you told me previously. And why would someone pay $99.36 if I listed them for $83 ?
Richard D: there is also a buy fee
ME: What is the total amount of all fees, and why is it suddenly significantly higher on this transaction than it is on the other 8 recent transactions I've completed on the same set of season tickets for various games ?
Richard D: The fees varies
ME: Can you just walk me through the transaction one step at a time with numbers ? We've established that the buyer paid $397.44. I agree with that. What happens from there, can you talk me thru the fees to how we get down to $298.80 ?
Richard D: just a moment
Richard D: What I will advise you to do is to contact our sales department at 1-866-788-2482
ME: Why ? I thought we were about to get this wrapped up right now. Why don't you just itemize the transaction details that took the net proceeds down from $397.44 to $298.80 so that I can understand what you are saying.
ME: Plus, they're closed now. I did already think of that earlier but your website directed me to you.
Richard D: I totally understand what you're saying however our sales team would be better able to provide you with more details about pricing and how it is calculated.
ME: Richard, if you can't tell me how much the fees were that reduced my proceeds from $397.44 to $298.80 then what exactly are you capable of doing ? Please let me know so that I'll know when to contact you all in the future as opposed to calling.
Richard D: From what i'm seeing on the system the buyer pays $397.44 and a buy fee of $ $ 56.44
Richard D: the seller payout is $ 298.80 and a sell fee of $33.20
ME: So the buyer paid $453.88 total ? I think you mean that * I * the seller pays a buy fee of $56.44, right ? So is this right... $397.44 - 56.44 = 341. 341 minus the sell fee of 33.20 is 307.80. So that gets within $9. Where does the other $9 go ?
Richard D: That's incorrect the buyer that is the person who buys your tickets pays the buy fee of $ 56.44
Richard D: the fee is included in the total cost
ME: OK, So the buyer paid $397.44 + $56.44 for a total of $453.88. My net proceeds were $298.80. So there's still roughly $100 of fees in there that I paid. You explained $33.20 of it. To tell you the truth, I think you guys made a mistake and my proceeds should have been $357.70
ME: As as side note, you guys are making a killing over there. And I'm glad you didn't hammer me with all these fees on my 13 previous transactions.
ME: That's just commentary, no need to respond to that last part. Sorry, I tend to do that.
Richard D: No that's incorrect remember the buy fee is included in the total cost. The buyer pays $397.44 which includes the $56.44
ME: Hang on we might be making progress now
Richard D: sure
ME: OK then if that's the case, I have three more problems. One is that would mean I listed the tickets for $85.25 each, which I didn't. Although it might explain why you said something about $83 earlier. The other is that when listing the tickets you see both your proceeds as seller and the number the buyer sees (much higher). It's that buyer number you have to compare for comparable sales. It also violates the banner posted on your website right now that says "ALL IN PRICING.... That's right, the price you see listed is the final price you'll pay -- for every ticket, every day" That's exactly what it says
Richard D: No that's not correct. When sellers list their tickets remember that there is a sell fee and buy fee that is attached to the price
ME: That hasn't been my experience but I might be in danger of getting you off track. Let's make this easy: If you could just simply itemize the transaction for me to reconcile that would be great. For instance you could say.... Buyer Paid ___ for tickets after subtracting buyer fees. Out of that amount you the seller were charged ______ fees which resulted in total proceeds of $298.80
Richard D: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: Yes, just simply itemize the transaction for me as I described in previous reply
Richard D: buyer pays 397.44, buy fee 56.44, shipping 9. sell fee 33.20 and payout for seller 298.80
ME: I'll concede the point on fees and agree with you that website advertisement is not true. I actually price the tickets by looking at what it converts the "buyer" price to. In this case I got them below $100, that's why it was $99.xx per ticket in total sales price
ME: OK you replied at same time, hang on....
ME: OK, Perfect. Just one more thing.
ME: Yes, one more...one sec
ME: That breakdown you gave me is great, please do the same for one more order# 167973546
Richard D: ok
ME: It was my previous sale of the same tickets, 6 days earlier
ME: My proceeds were $540.00
ME: or what you call "payout for seller" was $540, to be clear
Richard D: from what i'm seeing seller payout is 540, sell fee 60
Richard D: Buyer paid 711, shipping 9 and buy fee 102
ME: 711 - 102 -9 -60 = 540. Hang on just a brief moment
Richard D: ok
ME: So I listed those for 600. The buyer seems to have paid 102+9 (111 total) for 711. Out of the 600 I listed, I received 540, which
appears to be a 10% fee. That's fine. If we look at the original transaction in question.... my list price of $99.xx each for 397.44 would have
resulted in net proceeds to me of $357.70. I think that's the exact number I gave you earlier. So we're back to the question of why did I get
$298.80 instead of $357.70. I’m pretty confident you owe me $58.90
ME: Richard ?
ME: Richard…. ???
Richard D: Due to the delay I am going to disconnect this chat. Please chat with us again if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for using StubHub and I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for using Live Chat. You may now close this window.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby txlonghorn47 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 am

I fucking hate StubHub
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby eochs on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 am

my brain hurts from reading that
"Tony Romo is going to take us to Miami." - UTWiz
eochs
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ

Postby LMQueen on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 am

Wow. Very painful.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby Makaveli on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

Resolved on phone today.

We mutually agreed that that the whole thing looks screwed up yet neither of us (me, nor StubHub support) is able to fully comprehend what happened nor able to fix it so we are going to let StubHub keep the $58.90 since it's the most efficient resolution at this point.

I'm relieved I didn't pay those invisible charges on my 13 previous transactions or I'd be out additional $1200+

StubHub really is making a killing when compared to other ticket sites. They carry no price risk on either side and on this transaction they earned $155 just because their site connected a willing buyer and seller on a $400 transaction. That's 38 percent.

A lot of this is making assumption that I even understand money or math of course. My formal education is limited to a bachelor level degree in finance. My experience dealing in these matters on a daily basis is only about 20 years. While I read books about math, money, and statistics in my spare time I must admit there are some concepts I don't grasp intuitively.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby LMQueen on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:38 am

:)
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby U2-Horn on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:42 am

This all stems from stubhub's change to the "what you see is what you pay" policy for buyers. I don't think the percentages they take/charge have changed, but it definitely makes it way more confusing for the seller.
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am

--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Then it totally changed in a 6 day period. In a way that cost an extra 60 bucks on a $400 transaction and in a manner in which they can't even explain to me. They can't even tell me what the costs were. I can deduce them but then they say no it's not that much. So I say pay me then and we go round and round in circles.

The all-in pricing is bullshit too, it simply doesn't work that way. As Richard D even told me. They aren't small fees either, it's not $10 here or there it's hundreds of (hidden) dollars in some cases.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Well if there is one thing I've learned this week it's that StubHub is a total turd of a company and after this experience I will never be using them again.
txlonghorn47

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm

And I would highly advise that if you plan to sell tickets you find other options too.

Long story short my tickets I sol the buyer has now claimed they were fraudulent. There is no way in hell that is possible. If you google this it's apparently a recurring theme/scam. Buyer gets your tickets goes to the event, claims they didn't work and they get a full refund plus 20% for the hassle. Only recourse the seller has it to request a "scan report" from the venue that shows if the tickets were scanned. Well guess what? These venues don't give those out to the public. So despite providing a valid receipt, a valid download portal and confirmation code, and a valid PDF of the tickets they are taking the buyers word for it that they couldn't get in. All at my expense.

I'm fighting it as far as I can, but not looking good. And I am PISSED!
txlonghorn47

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:25 pm

That really sucks. I sold World Series tickets on StubHub in 2010 ($1,000 per after fees) and all went smoothly. One bad experience though, especially when talking about decent money, would seriously sour me.
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 pm

I made $405 off the sell. But according to what I've read online they charge me, or the seller, the full price back, so not only will I have lost my tickets but I'll be out money for the stubhub fees. Pretty much I just walked down the wrong street corner and had a gun put to the back of my neck and $500+ outright stolen from me.
txlonghorn47

PreviousNext

Return to Strange, But True