Car problem, what would you do?

Just about everything you want to post...

Car problem, what would you do?

Postby tamut98 on Thu May 25, 2017 10:01 am

So yesterday, I am driving down 360 and came to a stop, along with a line of other cars, at a red light. I have the AC on and I am listening to the radio. I was daydreaming about something and then I got the sensation that my car was either moving forward or the car in front of me was moving back. While I am getting oriented, I hear a vehicle revving it's motor and finally figured out it was mine. I began pressing my brakes harder since my car was now up to 4K on the tach. Finally understanding what was going on, I put my car in park and ended up shutting the engine off to get it to stop. I restarted it and shut off the AC. It was a pretty tense trip back to the house after that.

Since this has never happened before, I am quite skeptical that anything can be done to fix this issue. I am hoping that there can be and that there is knowledge about this happening to other folks and they can fix it. That being said...

If they can't, could you be able to chalk this up to a freak occurrence and continue to drive the vehicle or do you say F *** it and get something else?

My wife and others in my family drive this car on occasion. I liken it to getting bit by a big dog. Might not trust at first after the incident but you could get comfortable again...
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Re: Car problem, what would you do?

Postby HornMafia on Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Should probably get that checked out. Might cost a $60 diagnostic fee but you can roll that into the cost of repair.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby tamut98 on Thu May 25, 2017 12:55 pm

I put it in the shop first thing this morning.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm so ignorant about cars - and thus, nervous about any minor problem - that it might outweigh my general laziness/hesitance to act.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Thu May 25, 2017 1:20 pm

What kind of car? My car (BMW 135) has a known issue similar to this (engine revs and some jerkiness/rough idle coming to a stop when AC is on) that I need to take in for a software update that's been issued by BMW
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby tamut98 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:38 pm

It's a '14 Hyundai Sonata.
Just got a call from the service department, they could not reproduce the problem. I have been peaking around at used cars off and on today.

This car has 2.0 with a Turbo so I am used to a little bit of a rough idle when the AC is running. To me, that's pretty much the case if you are driving a 4 cylinder, which I have been driving for going on 19-20 years now.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Makaveli on Fri May 26, 2017 4:29 am

I don't know shit about how a car operates but I'd be completely done with that one.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to FOLM (Friends of the LM)