McKinney Boyd Football Club

Just about everything you want to post...

McKinney Boyd Football Club

Postby McKinneyHorn on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

I've officially been voted in as VP of Special Projects for the McKinney Boyd Broncos Football Club. In addition to running the tunnel team and getting to blast the horn for scores at Friday Night Football games, I'm also in charge of social media. Anybody wanting to follow on Twitter can do so @MBHSFootball. Tweeting upcoming events and an occasional quote, but games will have in-game stats, scores & pics. Facebook and Instagram to follow soon. M.T.H. is our motto; Meaner, Tougher, Harder.

Love this gig!!
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Re: McKinney Boyd Football Club

Postby Drew Corleone on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:45 pm

I went to the Boyd-Coppell soccer match on Thursday. Were you there?
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby McKinneyHorn on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Drew Corleone wrote:I went to the Boyd-Coppell soccer match on Thursday. Were you there?

No sir, missed that. Where was the match and how was it? I heard the boys soccer has been pretty good this season.
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

State tourney in G-town. Boyd eliminated Lake Highlands the week after LH eliminated Horn (my buddy Johnny is/was the HC at Horn). Coppell won 1-0 on a late goal, but really dominated almost the entire game. Big showing for Boyd... lots of parents and students there.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby McKinneyHorn on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Ok, State Tourney. Didn't realize they made it. Wow.

Boyd girls won the state championship a few years ago. Yeah, soccer is big up here as I'm sure it's gotten bigger in a lot of other schools across the state these days. Not as big as football, but gaining...
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby McKinneyHorn on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 pm

1-1 so far this football season; lost a game that was there for the taking against Mesquite Horn while breaking in a new QB but bounced back quite nicely and won vs. Coppell. Our stud running back Dedrick Scrivens went off for 371 yards rushing and 4 TD's against the Cowboys.

And now district play begins. Yeah, it's tough; Flower Mound, FM Marcus, Lewisville, Hebron, Plano, Plano East and Plano West and two time defending state champ Allen. I thought for sure Kyler Murray for Allen graduated, but no, he's back before heading down to his dad Kevin Murray's Alma Mater at College Station. We do have Allen this week but we have 'em at home. Will be a packed crowd but will be a lot of fun. Can't wait...
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:49 pm

The name "Kyler" is so gay that I hope his leg gets broken.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby McKinneyHorn on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:08 am

12ozLongneck wrote:The name "Kyler" is so gay that I hope his leg gets broken.

=D> :D
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby McKinneyHorn on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:26 pm

After losing to the 2 best teams in the District, Allen and Plano West, we went about our business and reeled off wins vs. FM, FM Marcus, Lewisville, Plano and Plano East. With one more game remaining against the Hebron Hawks we've already wrapped up a Playoff spot for the 5th straight year.

If we win against Hebron our playoff game will be Friday Nov. 14th at 6:00 or if we lose, Sat. Nov. 15th at 11:00 am...at COWBOYS STADIUM! Sweet! Should be a lot of fun for the kids and yes, I won't lie, for myself and the crew to get to run the tunnel, smoke and train horn down on the sidelines. Wonder how many times the X will get thrown up or kids singing "We Dem Boys"? Can't wait!!
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby McKinneyHorn on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Won against Hebron so we had our first playoff game vs. Keller Fossil Ridge at Cowboys staydjum last week and won.

Next game is tomorrow at 2:00pm at Cowboys stadium again vs. the Div. II state champs from last year, Cedar Hill Longhorns. Should be fun...
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby McKinneyHorn on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 pm

And CHill Longhorns were too much for our boys as we lose 50-28 again playing at the Death Star. Our QB is back next season as well as our all everything running back/wide receiver/defensive back Brandon Bowling but the D loses some excellent players. My son will be a senior and my daughter a junior so I'll definitely be involved and helping out once again as VP of special projects to the board. Next up is our banquet in Jan. Can't wait for the boys to celebrate another great season in the tough 6-6A district. Let's do this!!
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Return to FOLM (Friends of the LM)