This is going to sound insensitive, but...

Just about everything you want to post...

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 pm

The Boston stuff has gone WAYYYYYYYY overboard.

This Andruzzi guy just says (at the Draft): "Just as we did after 9/11..." Holy shit. Really? These two Euro-trash yahoos aren't even in the same fucking ballpark as Al Qaeda.

This non-stop media blitz and hyperbole is grating my last nerve. Why do any of our hearts still need to go out to Boston? Did we forget Newtown already? Or Aurora? Of OKC?

Or maybe it's just me.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: This is going to sound insensitive, but...

Postby 12ozLongneck on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Agree 100%
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Uh, Paul in, uh.. wuh...
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby MBK271 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 am

Agreed. And now we are just going to continue to hear more about this because they were planning to drive to NYC and detonate in Times Square.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:46 am

Agreed......glad I'm not the only one thinking the same thing, although I was pretty sure Kev was already there about a week ago. :D
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am

People just like to feel bad about things so they can post about how bad they feel on facebook and make sure everybody knows how bad they feel and then they get to feel good about feeling bad.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 am

What is the acceptable news cycle for a terrorist attack by a guy that might have foreign terror ties followed by a manhunt with explosives and shootouts followed by the interrogation process of a "suspect" who it is found was plotting a second attack in the world's largest city?

Do we need 24/7 coverage about it? No, but it is still a major story and I for one am interested in who else knew about this.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby LMQueen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm

More interesting than Kardashian news.

I enjoy the stories of good human acts that come from these horrific events.
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Fair enough... take the news piece out. I understand 24/7 news cycle requires 24 hours of reporting, whether or not there is anything current to report, and re-hashing known details on this is better than whatever happened with a random celebrity.

My real annoyance, though, is the attempt to make this into another 9/11. I saw someone on Facebook post a "B-Austin Strong" t-shirt. Yesterday I received an email from a national organization on how I can help Boston. That, to me, is ridiculous. I feel for the people that were affected, but how many more ceremonies, moments of silence, and other acknowledgements need to occur? We're at the point where it's becoming showbiz, not mourning. Hell, they played Sweet Caroline at the Draft last night (understandably a fairly minor thing to get annoyed at, but I half-expect to see that happen now at ballparks around the country for a while). It's too much. I feel for those affected, and I am glad they caught the guys, and that it looks like there's nothing else to come. In my mind, this is over... let's move on.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby MBK271 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 pm

HornMafia wrote:What is the acceptable news cycle for a terrorist attack by a guy that might have foreign terror ties followed by a manhunt with explosives and shootouts followed by the interrogation process of a "suspect" who it is found was plotting a second attack in the world's largest city?

Do we need 24/7 coverage about it? No, but it is still a major story and I for one am interested in who else knew about this.

4-5 days.

The manhunt is interesting but after you capture the guy I really don't care until you can tell me if they acted alone or not. I don't need to hear 24 hour speculation from interviews with a kid that he wrestled with in High School, his 4th grade teacher or the uncle that he hasn't spoken to in years.

As I told a colleague, this shit happens every day in Syria.

By the way, does nobody care that Assad is using chemical weapons against his own people? Where are the real terrorists?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 pm

LMQueen wrote:More interesting than Kardashian news.

I enjoy the stories of good human acts that come from these horrific events.

Agreed on both counts, but doesn't really conflict with what I was trying to say. Now if only the guys would have bombed the Kardashian compound...
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby HornMafia on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Seth, by definition all three are terrorists.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Return to FOLM (Friends of the LM)