good cause to get behind. From Traci and marie

Just about everything you want to post...

good cause to get behind. From Traci and marie

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi friends and family,
As some of you already know, we had quite a scare earlier this year when my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor. While it was (thankfully) benign, she had to undergo weeks of radiation and a lot of stress and uncertainty about how it would affect her in the long-term. Because of advances in medicine that didn't exist even earlier in my lifetime, she was able to receive the treatment she needed with minimal downtime and look forward to continuing a healthy life. If we didn't have these advancements, she might have had to sacrifice her eyesight, speech, or have had other terrible side effects in order to remove the tumor. Research has led to some amazing new technologies!

Because this issue hits close to home, my company is sponsoring the Brain Power 5K in Austin on Sunday, September 9, 2012.

Brain Power 5K originated from a brain tumor survivor's will to make a difference in the fight against brain cancer. Kelly Bolinger, a pledge sister and friend, saw the need in the Austin community for an event to honor those affected by this disease. Combining her love for running, years of involvement in races and desire to improve brain cancer research; the Brain Power 5K was born. Funding from Brain Power 5K will go directly to the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation supporting brain cancer research at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The Foundation also provides funding to improve the lives of the young patients at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.

Your support can make such a difference to so many. An estimated $5-$10 of federal funding is generated from each $1 provided by donors. Donations literally are extending, if not saving, people's lives; people who virtually had no hope!

If you feel inclined to do so, I really appreciate any contribution you can afford. You can access my fundraising page here:
http://brainpower5k.kintera.org/thirdcoast

Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be interested in helping out.
Thanks!
Traci
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Return to FOLM (Friends of the LM)